Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Handfree Safety Strap

Official Handfree Safety Strap 2019-04-30

Handfree Safety Strap

Registered
Handfree Safety Strap
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Handfree Safety Strap submitted a new resource:

Handfree Safety Strap - Retractable Dog Lead Safety Wrist Strap

View attachment 111978219 THE HANDFREE SAFETY WRIST STRAP.
The Handfree Safety Strap allows you to use your Retractable lead with confidence, We have all dropped or had the lead pulled out of our hands by our dogs to see them running off into the distance scared with the noise of the lead dragging behind them, well no more. The Handfree Safety Strap is fully adjustable to fit comfortably and securely around any size wrist and locks around the handle of your...

Read more about this resource...

That looks like a really useful product but do you mind if I make a couple of comments about your photos (not about the product itself)?

In your profile/avatar photo, the one that appears on your posts, you don't really see the strap on the wrist properly. It might be better if the picture was resized or recentred so it shows clearly what you are supplying.

In the bigger photo in the description of the resource, it looks as though the flexi lead is attached to the dog's collar. Long leads and flexi leads should only be used with a harness; because when the dog is running out, he won't know when he is going to reach the end of the line and he could be stopped with a jerk that causes damage to his neck, trachea or spine.

Hope you don't mind the feedback.

I was wondering if there was any reason it couldn't be used with a normal lead, but then I remembered there are times when I do want to drop the lead quickly - such as when an inquisitive cow gets too close and my dog panics, or an aggressive dog confronts him, or in a rare situation where I know he's going to drag me. Could these problems apply to flexi-leads too?

Although Ive actually never dropped or lost a flexi even when I fell face first onto the tarmac earlier this year. I can see the advantage of this strap.
I do want to repeat the point made by @JoanneF a flexi or other retractable should never be used on a collar.

Oh and people who use mobiles when they should be watching what their dog is doing :mad:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back