The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Harrington's only have 1 flavour of grain free food?

Jack-Russell-Lover

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hey,
So Rox has nearly finished her current bag of Harringtons hypoallergenic food and after that I think I'll try their grain free food to see if that helps her skin even more. However it seems that they only have 1 flavour of grain free food, Turkey.
What if she's allergic/sensitive to turkey?
I wanted to try different flavours to see which is best but they only have turkey in the dry food, but have a few flavours in grain free wet food....? How does that make sense? Surely if they can have multiple grain free wet food flavours they can do different flavours of dry grain free food? Or am I just looking in the wrong places, I've looked online and in Tesco I've seen its the only one.

Don’t know if this will help. My vet advised me not to get dry food for Spike as on his allergy test he’s seriously allergic to dust mites which dry food can be full of apparently so I always get him wet food. Both of mine used to be very fussy eaters but I changed to Wainwrights grain free wet food quite a while back now and they show no signs of stopping eating it. It comes in boxes of 12, 4 different flavours, duck, turkey, chicken and lamb. Or you can buy the flavours you prefer separately.

Yeah, I did hear that from either the vet or online information :(
Dry food is just so much easier though! Her skin has improved since switching to Harringtons, she actually was on wet food before (although it was Chappie, not the best maybe)....perhaps I should consider getting her the grain free wet food then. At least she'll have a variety of flavours that way! I see from your picture that Spike is a terrier too? JRT? How long does a box of 12 last?

Between Rox and Spike they have half a tray each so it lasts 12 days. They are doing well on that much each. They don’t have a lot of bones but do have some chicken if we have done a roast dinner and their weight is the same.

Yes but she’s also known as ‘The Evil One’ lol

Ha ha wish that was all! No she’s one of those dogs that doesn’t give a monkeys, tell her off, tail up in the air as she stalks off looking for something else to do, and she finds a lot lol. At 14 I thought she would have ‘grown up’ and started behaving but it’s not going to happen. Love her to bits, she makes me laugh every day.

Ha ha wish that was all! No she’s one of those dogs that doesn’t give a monkeys, tell her off, tail up in the air as she stalks off looking for something else to do, and she finds a lot lol. At 14 I thought she would have ‘grown up’ and started behaving but it’s not going to happen. Love her to bits, she makes me laugh every day.
Same as Taz, she gets even more hyper if she’s told off. There’s no remorse.Think she actually enjoys it. :p

Hi ive just been in my local tesco today and they have Harrington grain free in chicken, sweet potato and veg and salmon sweet potato and veg, thought off you when i saw them :)

Oh yea I meant to post about this, few weeks after I'd made this thread I saw these flavours in Tesco! Yay! She's got the Salmon one right now :) Thank you for the thought :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back