The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Has Anyone Got Any Tips Or Advice About Roly?

seh.al

alan1980
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
roly was born a very musclular puppy with no puppy fat at all on him!! :unsure:

i have been told different things off people but i am concerned still about his size? he is 26 pound at 18 weeks already but no fat at all just pure muscle!

will he be able to race as that was the plan but if he doesnt he doesnt he is still a great dog!! :unsure:

he is from hellbound x cassan.

any advice would be a blessing :thumbsup:

cheers

i have attatched some photos!! he is a poser no matter what comes of him hahaa ;)

roly.jpg

roly4.jpg

roly_2.jpg

roly_3.jpg

roly_5.jpg

well looking at the pic's i would say he looks bully but then i remember Danny ( Hellbound ) as a pup and Tony called him a bull dog ! would still say its hard at 18 weeks to say, as he been cramping up, good luck with him love the litter and hope he makes the track for you :luck: :luck:

well looking at the pic's i would say he looks bully but then i remember Danny ( Hellbound ) as a pup and Tony called him a bull dog ! would still say its hard at 18 weeks to say, as he been cramping up, good luck with him love the litter and hope he makes the track for you :luck: :luck:

[/qu

sorry 4 putting the names of the parents ! he hasnt been cramping up yet just seems to be to much muscle for a pup his age fingers crossed he turns out ok ? me dads sick of everyone calling him a staff haha !! I think he'll be ok :thumbsup:

lol no problem naming parents we all know with any breeding you can get bull dogs, i really hope he turns out ok for you, sure he as a loving home no matter what

I'm inclined to agree with Yvonne, he may be bully but as it's early on he could develop so as not to be outclassed in the weight handicaps in opens. Even if he is, I don't see why you couldn't club run him and get just as much pleasure from seeing him run in races where he'd be more evenly matched.

We own a bully whippet, she's the most inexplicably happiest dog in the world which seems to be a common characteristic with them. She did club run but inadvertently tore a ligament recently which we had repaired (according to the vet not related to her being bully) She's currently doing her own thing and sprinting about on the moss every day so she might come back to the club yet. :)

Hope Roly gives you lots of years of happiness and pleasure :luck:

thank u!! :))

i know he will be fine!! he is lush!!

he is still sprouting away!!

hope he turns out like his parents as they are great racers!! :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more and Hellbound's been our choice of stud dog to our bitch Moonpie :thumbsup:

hi its carole here with gem, rolys sister. havent got any tips im afraid but all i will say to u is u wont know until u try. i know someone told u that he willprob not run and will cramp up etc etc but all il say they arent always right! all u can do is give hima a try theres plenty time and im sure we will all help u @ westerhope. u know darren who does the lure/handicapping? well the very 1st dog he had was bully and that ran ok maybe have a word with him. like i say we will all help u. good luck with roly :luck:

cheers carole! :thumbsup:

i have heard a lot like that and they seemed to be fine later on!! as i said he is still little and has plenty of time to sprout away upwards instead of width! hahaha

;)

I can remember a bitch that looked more bully than yours and she ran in the handycap at stockton no bother. She also had a litter of pups and non came out bully.

some make the track and some don,t, master blaster has thrown a couple of bulls through his career as stud dog, as yvonne said most dogs do some time through thier career depending what lines they are mated too, marjo is the dog sharon was on about, and she was a flying machine on the sprints and had a litter of 4 of which none were bully,. ted the red, rolo , jolly jo and roseanna,.

hiya just wanted to say i had a bully who looked alot worse than roly at her age and i too was told she would never run and cramp badly but she did run and she never cramped once in her whole life My Stella was that bad the vet didnt believe she was a full whippet he said it was the strangest dog he had ever seen lol heres a pic when she was about 4 years although this picture doesnt show how bad she actually was....

All i can say is like carole said you wont know unless you try..!

hi alan ,give him time to grow m8 time will tell he looks lovely m8 :wub: :wub: :wub:

We think he's looks great, in lovely condition. Looks like he's got growing left so he may even out.

CHEERS everyone 4 your the info on Rolly.

Hes my first whippet so not very clued up I new to much muscle on a pup was bad and it can stunt growth

but didnt know about cramps I dont walk him very far + dont play tug trying to limit the muscle on the new bone

looking at the picture of stella the head + jaw are similar to rollys ?

thanks again for the info +like you say ( time will tell fingers x)

Pup looks in lovely nick ! dont matter what they look like ,only how they run my friend .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back