The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Has This Happened To Anyone's Pup Dog?

whip_pet

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, my pup went for his 1st injection on monday and i was very disappointed that he only has one testical. the vet said she couldn't feel the other one at all and that it may well drop from now until 6 months. Has this happened to anyone's dog and did it eventually drop.

Had this happen twice, one dog his came down at about 16 weeks and the other dog, his didn't come down.

Just keep your eye out for the missing one, i think there's posts on here somewhere about people successfully manipulating them down.

Hi, when we took our pup to have his first injection,the vet could'nt find his second testical(even though we seen two),when we went back for his second injection,the vet still could'nt find the second one :eek: ,although we have seen two,now he has two all the time :D sometimes they play one up one down,so i would'nt worry just yet :thumbsup:

We have one dog that neither came down and another dog of ours had one down and we could get the other down but it wouldnt stay down,it was like the cord was too tight,as he grew the testicle got harder to pull down then the inguinal canal closed and now sits in his groin .

My vet says this is a common issue with the whippet breed :(

My one whippet dog had only one descended testicle - the other was visible below the skin surface in his groin area. I had him neutered at 10 months of age, not only to avoid any future problems but, being a pet and not a stud dog, he didn't need to be entire! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back