The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Healesville Fun Day

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Karen - thanks for the pics - they're great.

Do you know by chance if there was an Aslan whippet there called "Berry" (Aslan Battle of Beruna) owned by Sondra Hobson? He's a pet but he has been to one or two of these days. He's a black masked red-fawn particolour. Just wondering if you might have come across him.

aslan said:
Do you know by chance if there was an Aslan whippet there called "Berry" (Aslan Battle of Beruna) owned by Sondra Hobson?  He's a pet but he has been to one or two of these days.  He's a black masked red-fawn particolour.  Just wondering if you might have come across him.

Glad you like the photo's Lana. Sorry I can't answer your question as I am still learning who's who, but will keep my eye out for next time.

Lovely photos Karen :thumbsup: think I want to emigrate as well :lol:

Looks like you all had a fun day :huggles:

Dont you just love Whippet` get togethers` , what ever you decide to do with them they are happy souls 8)

When it was the Whippet clubs Centenary we had a `do` at Uttoxeter race course and had EVERYTHING going on , showing , racing , lure courseing , agility ,long jump , obediance . Wished we could have one every year :cheers:

Wonderful photos Tesa.

The solo racing dog in your post #5 is my 'Rupert' - Ibiza Argyle Rubicon, owned by Catherine & Warren Cox who does our Club website. Your angle give a great depiction.

Aslan; I don't think 'Berry' was there. Tell them to come over and say hi next time if they visit.

It really was a wonderful day. Nice to spend some time with you again Karen.

Take care,

aslan said:
Do you know by chance if there was an Aslan whippet there called "Berry" (Aslan Battle of Beruna) owned by Sondra Hobson?  He's a pet but he has been to one or two of these days.  He's a black masked red-fawn particolour.  Just wondering if you might have come across him.

Hi;

There was a record number of whippets (I am sure) but I did see a handsom red parti

dog ( quite heavily red) .

Lida

Great pics Karen! It was good to see so many different colours there. This is a recent arrival from Queensland - Grau Gift Wrapped.

I know Halle is already on this thread once - but Karen took such great photos and I can't resist putting on a couple more she sent to me.

Halle (again)

IMG_0421.JPG

ibiza said:
The solo racing dog in your post #5 is my 'Rupert' - Ibiza Argyle Rubicon, owned by Catherine & Warren Cox who does our Club website. Your angle give a great depiction.
Glad you like it Colin, Hadn't realized he was one of your's. Can't take credit for that photo, it was one of Brians. All of my attempts at the racing dogs resulted in lots of shots of grass and fencing only :(

Did manage to take a couple of nice shots of your beautiful black dogs. Love this one of Elvira with Melissa beautiful blue bitch Tabitha in the background.

A very relaxed Colin in the ring with Elvira. And Melissa Whiting with Tabitha

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina said:
Great pics Karen!  It was good to see so many different colours there.  This is a recent arrival from Queensland - Grau Gift Wrapped.
Who owns her Lida?

Yep I was there too. Thats the park in the background where I walk my whippies most days. It's about 60 acres of off leash area. I used to trial them at that track on Wednesdays & Sundays too until the greyhound club got a new mangaer who will only let greyhounds use the track.. apart from our whippet fun days.

Linda

ibiza said:
He's out of my beloved Chelsea, Ch Aslan Queen O'Diamonds. :*

kirislin said:
Yep I was there too.  Thats the park in the background where I walk my whippies most days.  It's about 60 acres of off leash area.  I used to trial them at that track on Wednesdays & Sundays too until the greyhound club got a new mangaer who will only let greyhounds use the track.. apart from our whippet fun days.

Linda

I wish I 'd meet you Kirislin. Maybe next time

Great photos! :thumbsup: Looks like you all had a great time. :)

JAX said:
Dont you just love Whippet` get togethers` , what ever you decide to do with them they are happy souls  8)
When it was the Whippet clubs Centenary we had a `do` at Uttoxeter race course and had EVERYTHING going on , showing , racing , lure courseing , agility ,long jump , obediance . Wished we could have one every year  :cheers:

Hi - I was fortunate to be at the Centenary Show and Congress. What a wonderful time I had. Beautiful Whippets everywhere. My post is ages old, but wasn't a member when all the chatting was going on.

Cheers from Alltalk Downunder..... Sue

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back