The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello, I am the owner of Alfie, a 13+year old parson Russell crossed with a staffie

Michelle24

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am interested in what to feed Alfie. He has been diagnosed with low protein levels. And has been put on an hypoallergenic diet. He has become so fussy, we are giving him Royal Cannin hypoallergenic kibble. I am trying him with veg and some home made soup instead of gravy, but he turns his nose up.

We decided on Kibble for Pippa but after a while she went off it a bit so now I buy the Dog food Pâté and she has a small amount of that mixed in with the Kibble.
She also has a slice each of Cucumber, courgette, carrot and a baby sweet corn, slice of Brassica stalk when we have it. She has this after her Kibble as an ‘afters’.
Luckily she is not fussy, it must be really hard when your dog gets fussy over food!

We decided on Kibble for Pippa but after a while she went off it a bit so now I buy the Dog food Pâté and she has a small amount of that mixed in with the Kibble.
She also has a slice each of Cucumber, courgette, carrot and a baby sweet corn, slice of Brassica stalk when we have it. She has this after her Kibble as an ‘afters’.
Luckily she is not fussy, it must be really hard when your dog gets fussy over food!
Thank you for your reply....definitely 'food for thought'

You could try boiling up a chicken carcase in a large pan of water for around an hour, draining it, and using the stock to moisten the food - I guess there wouldn't be much protein in the liquid. It was the only thing my dog would eat or drink when he had a nasty tummy bug.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back