The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello, I'm seeking advice about what kinds of dog could suit my family.

That's a very useful thread, I will look for more discussions like that.

I totally agree about needing to train children to be around animals. I've taught my children to be respectful of animals and they are very well behaved when we meet them in parks etc. I've taught them to not run at birds, to keep a distance from squirrels so as not to scare them. They even know to leave insects and snails alone.

They both showed no fear of dogs from the start, as toddlers on walks in the woods, even when exuberant ones ran up suddenly and put their front paws on them. My youngest actually seemed delighted the first time a dog we met licked him.

They are very good with our rabbit, minding what I've told them about how easily scared rabbits are. They try to keep noise down when he's nearby. I don't yet allow my 4 year old to hold him and he just accepts it and doesn't ask to.

I hope these are good signs that they will behave appropriately if we adopt a dog one day.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back