The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help me what do I do

Confused

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a dog that's at least 12 years old that I'm having to spend $100 a month giving insulin to who's gone blind I don't have that kind of money should I put the dog down or should I let her continue to wonder around running into walls peeing in the floor I don't know what to do I'm confused help me

I have a dog that's at least 12 years old that I'm having to spend $100 a month giving insulin to who's gone blind I don't have that kind of money should I put the dog down or should I let her continue to wonder around running into walls peeing in the floor I don't know what to do I'm confused help me

It's not the money, it's a question of what's kindest for the dog.
Been there, done that, and stood in the Vet's surgery and cried like a baby.

Paul G

That's not a life. Be brave and let her go as that's the kindest thing you can do at her age in those circumstances.

What is her quality of life like when she does have the insulin? Are there any charitable organisations that might help fund it?

My parents used to have a dog who ended up deaf, blind, toothless, diabetic, incontinent and with a dodgy back end - she needed someone with her most of the time as sometimes she struggled to get up without someone to help her... but once up could still get around. She was actually quite content like this for a year or so. But every dog is different and if your dog has a poor quality of life and there is simply no way of paying for the treatment that will make it worth living, you need to do the kindest thing for her.

While they are happy its fine. But if they are miserable confused unsure and /or in pain or distress then the most loving thing to do is let them go.,

Benny was blind but loved life. Oscar had a back end that gave way but he always wagged his tail. It was when they gave me that look , the one that said 'Ive had enough' then I gave them the release they needed.

Its never easy, love is never easy but letting go is often the biggest act of love we can show.

Thanks everyone I guess whenever I run out of insulin this time I'm just going to put her down that'll be a sad day but I think it's the best thing thanks again

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back