The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help Needed

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Juley said:
sophie said:
someone I know 'planted' poohs around their garden and sprinkled them liberally with chilli powder. Dog ate...and never touched a poo again. I'm too much of a softie to dare try this. It might well work...
I thought Freddie preferred Kitty treats (w00t) . Lily does this too, straight from the bot if she can :x :x .

yup, his preference is for kitty treats - and rabbits' and foxes', and cows' and horses but :b generally not other dogs. But an immediate cat pooh makes him very very very happy.

oliverpliers said:
Oliver was the worst for this! I once caught him being very attentive to Freddie when he was, er, producing :b and then saw him catching the lumps before they hit the ground! :x They were still steaming!! (w00t) Talk about fresh! Luckily he grew out of it. Albie went through a similar phase although nowhere near so bad. :)
Well im sat here with a platefull of spag boll, and after reading the above im heaving lol, a mate of mine had a labrador, which loved pooh, he couldnt stop it, his kids had one of those high powered water guns yes, i filled it to the brim, on the next bowel movement, sure enough it went straight for it, so i give it a quick blast up the old back passage, never touched it again.

Hey great idea - with 4 kids we have water guns a plenty!!!!

kate & ifti :clown:

katep1 said:
midlanderkeith said:
midlanderkeith said:
katep1 said:
Hey great idea - with 4 kids we have water guns a plenty!!!!
kate & ifti :clown:

glad to be of help, let us know how you get on

by the way, who,s ifti :D

Hi

Ifti is my other half - he would say my better half (!!) :huggles:

Kate

Dont mean to be nosey Kate, ok then i am lol, but how the devil did you manage to come up with a nickname like ifti, details please. :thumbsup:

Not nosey at all - ok well maybe a bit!!

No wild exciting story sadly but 'Moorish' ancestry - very exotic!! (w00t) (I wish - what do we spend our evenings doing ? - reading posts on K9!)

Kate

katep1 said:
No wild exciting story sadly but 'Moorish' ancestry - very exotic!! (w00t)   (I wish - what do we spend our evenings doing ? - reading posts on K9!)

Kate

Most informative, ta now then has ifti had a go with the water canons yet.

midlanderkeith said:
katep1 said:
No wild exciting story sadly but 'Moorish' ancestry - very exotic!! (w00t)   (I wish - what do we spend our evenings doing ? - reading posts on K9!)

Kate

Thought I should type this one myself!!

Well I have to say we have got a problem on that front. Our children are fine that we shoot them, from close range even, with this rather nice super soaker thing but you should have heard the outcry when I turned it on the dogs -one little squirt and all i heard all night was how cruel I was. :teehee:

Mind you i have to say that I think he has gone off that particular delicacy he has not munched poo for about 4 days now mind you he now seems to quite enjoy a chomp on Barley's (Westie) ear. Fair to say I think Barley wishes he had stuck with the poo!!

Ifti

katep1 said:
midlanderkeith said:
katep1 said:

Kate

Thought I should type this one myself!!

Well I have to say we have got a problem on that front. Our children are fine that we shoot them, from close range even, with this rather nice super soaker thing but you should have heard the outcry when I turned it on the dogs -one little squirt and all i heard all night was how cruel I was. :teehee:

Mind you i have to say that I think he has gone off that particular delicacy he has not munched poo for about 4 days now mind you he now seems to quite enjoy a chomp on Barley's (Westie) ear. Fair to say I think Barley wishes he had stuck with the poo!!

Ifti

Hey up ifti, hows you, its not cruel at all, does em no harm, seems to be working for you, anyway glad to be of help, enjoy your evening.

katep1 said:
Hi everyoneArtie is now a lovely 4 months old pup & doing so well in so many ways ........ except he will insist on grabbing a mouthfull of dog poo whenever the opportunity arises!  :x   He eats a specially formulated large dog puppy food (Hills) so I would like to think that it's not because his diet is missing something. Can anyone help????

Thanks

Kate.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back