The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help Please

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
OEH said:
Well almost gone this morning, just a bit puffy round where it was- no idea what it was if it went down that quickly and it really was huge- I measured it to be 1 1/2" across.
Thank you all for the advice

So glad to hear that the swelling has gone down - it sounds to me as though it was a blocked salivary gland - especially as you say it was painful.

Touching a swollen gland really does hurt.

Salivary glands can swell alarmingly and immediately ... but do normally go down within a few hours.

It can happen with people too.... - for instance, just before eating an orange, or sometimes even 'thinking' about a lemon?? - the salivary glands can swell instantly... and they are very painful.. but go down within a fairly short time.

When that happens with me, I avoid citrus fruits for a few days and things calm down.

Well the lump came up really badly again yesterday so we're off to the vet's today I think. :(

:( hope all goes well today :luck: :luck: :luck:

OEH said:
Well the lump came up really badly again yesterday so we're off to the vet's today I think.  :(
Poor Nana :( does sound very like some kind of blocked gland? Hope she is'nt in too much pain with it? :huggles:

Let us know how it goes

What did the vet say OEH, hope nan is feeling ok :huggles:

OEH said:
Well the lump came up really badly again yesterday so we're off to the vet's today I think.  :(
did you go today? please let us know how it went :luck:

Very strange- I replied earlier but its not here :oops: .

The vet said that it is probably caused by an infection from the cut on her neck, but we couldn't see any sign of the infection near the cut so we hope that its nothing more sinister.

He also thought that the peeing could be cystitis related to it.

She has got massive amounts of antibiotics to take and she's to go back in a week.

thats good , keep us informed on her progress :cheers: :huggles:

sounds promising, hopefully cure both of your problems :thumbsup:

The antibiotics should sort everything out, keeping fingers crossed for her to get well soon :huggles: :luck: :luck:

:huggles: to cheer poor Nana up, must be feeling grotty with sore neck and cystitis, hope the antibiotics get cracking soon.

I recently had a similar thing in my neck, after a tooth problem, but my doctor just brushed it under the carpet, maybe I should've gone to Nana's vet instead !!

Julie D said:
maybe I should've gone to Nana's vet instead !!

Yes he is far better than any doctor I have been to. I have a problem with my big toe and keep on asking him to look at it but he won't :(

Hope Nana is feeling a bit better today :)

Julie

Hope Nana is feeling a bit better today :)

Julie

:oops: posted twice

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back