The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help please

chrisf

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone I have a problem with my my 20 month old large pure bred whippet Smokey so named because he is predominately blue with a few white markings whenever he is off the lead which is most of the time during his daily exercise as we live next to marsh land and I definitely cannot walk as far as he needs and enjoys to run but comes back when called unless it involves another dogs crap and not everyone he sees just those he picks and if he likes it he eats it, I see it, shout, and he takes it to go. Is this some kind of deficiency in his diet and if so what ? he also eats doc leaves when he finds them. He really is an affectionate well behaved dog although very excitable but this nasty habit tends to make me reject him when he tries to be affectionate can anyone give me some idea of how I can break this habit of nastiness many thanks Chris

1801158_10203997255264473_947179878714357570_o (1).jpg

Hi, i am new to the forums, but after trawling the net i have a link or 2 that might be benificial to you with your dog eating poo. My Jack Russell and my previous Jack were notorious Fox poo fetishists. They loved to roll in it if they were off the lead and out of sight. That maybe partly because they come from working stock bred for the hunt. My current Jack Russell is a ruthless ratter even though we never trained him to do so (both his grandparents were active working dogs). So i think it's a bit Pavlovian. It's not a nice habit, but i think for the most part it's a pretty natural thing for dogs to try eating it, but to ease you mind a bit try checking out http://www.dogpoopdiet.com/why-dogs-eat-poop/. As for dogs eating doc leaves and grass especially (All of mine have eaten grass or leaves at some point). Try checking out http://www.cesarsway.com/dog-care/dog-nutrition/Why-Dogs-Eat-Grass-and-How-to-Prevent-It . All seems pretty natural. They are nasty habits, but from what i can tell they all seem pretty natural. Sorry to not be able to answer your question directly, but i hope the links might ease your mind a little.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back