The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help!! Poopy puppy

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Unfortunately sometimes dog diarrhea is hard to pinpoint but it could be stress or even some underlying infection. Does your dog tend to eat things you aren't aware of? I know when my pup was young, almost everything went into her mouth (many times without me seeing).

Your dog could also just have a sensitive stomach. If i stray from my dog's diet even a little bit, she gets the runs.

If your dog is healthy enough you could try fasting to see if there is something in his system that needs to be flushed out. I also have used marshmallow root in the past that has helped my dog. For a full list of other causes and remedies, I recommend reading Dog Naturally's Dog Diarrhea article.

Oo-o been there! Took us 6 months to get the cocker's tum really settled. You could try marshmallow root though the problem with herbals is getting a small enough dose for a puppy so be very careful. I thought current advice was not to fast them but to encourage the gut to carry on working? Stuff going through is always better than just the gut lining getting digested and being passed out the other end...I do agree with giving your pup time on the same bland food before switching. It can take days or week for the right bacteria to build the internal colony that's needed. If anything you've tried looks promising give it time before another change. Eventually - when sorted- think about : food that has potato or sweet potato as the carb? (I use Vet's Kitchen as a kibble but am gradually going all-raw.) So if he's the least bit gassy or upset I boil a nice root veg with a bit of white fish. Smells terrible. He loves it. (Oh I agree with others on here- Royal Canine isn't good at all.) Don't despair- it will come right...;).
Strangely our cocker's troubles really seemed to be centred around vaccinations too- makes you wonder...

The mixer was pedigree small bite
To be honest, Pedigree isn't the best. I wouldn't change until her tummy is settled but at some stage have a look at www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk

It is an independent dog food comparison website which scores all types of foods (dry, raw, wet) on a scale of 0 to 5. You can set filters for your dog's weight, age etc and choose to view only the foods scoring, say, 4 and above. Then you can show them listed according to daily feeding cost so you can see what gives you best value for money.

But -
If your dog is healthy enough you could try fasting

I'm not sure how old she is but please don't fast a puppy.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back