The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help! Tips Needed For Flyball Training

weelass

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've been teaching boy flyball for about eight months now and he is great at everything except the box. He is very hesitant around the box and tries to avoid touching it at all costs. I'm not sure how I am ever going to get him to jump on the box to get the ball out! I've tried putting treats on it and he stretches up to get it but avoids touching the springy part of the box. I've even put the ball in the hole and released it myself and he chases it and brings it back to me and I reward him. Should I just be more patient or is there something else I can do to get him to jump on the box and not be afraid?

Hi there

Welcome to k9...hope you get some help re fly ball but I have sent you a pm (personal message) also :thumbsup:

Good Luck with it, and some photo's would be great

Whippets are far more sensitive than a lot of dogs who participate in fly ball, and very bright, so may just have got hurt a little once by the box and don't ever want to go there again :teehee:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back