The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help! whippet puppy problems.

Diddle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi we have just taken on a 9 week old pup from an owner who was struggling to care for them properly. This was probably a stupid thing to do but heart ruled head. Anyway she is beautiful and lively but very skinny. He could only afford really cheap adult food. We have put her onto puppy food and have suddenly noticed (3 days later) that one of her legs is buckling over. Is this our fault for giving her puppy food? Any advice on what to do to rectify this? She is going to vets on Thursday but any advice from experienced whippet lovers welcome !

More experienced people than me will most likely give you advice, but I would say you putting it on to puppy food will not have caused any problem. I assume by the way you are using a good quality food. If the pups problems are anything to do with food I would say it is more likely to have been caused by its original food not its present one. As to her being thin it depends if you know Whippets, compared to most dogs they are, even when fit and healthy. Only a vet will be able to really tell you what the problem is.

Hi thanks for answering. I do know whippets as she is my third and she is underweight but rapidly looking more and more normal! Just need to sort the legs out!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back