The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help with allergies from puppy

Debshar

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have a 9 week old mini schnauzer and unfortunately my daughter (19) seems to be having allergic reactions to him! Her eczema has flared up and her eyes and face have puffed up a few times this week. We have had a schnauzer before and she was fine and we also have 2 cats. I’ve been looking at air purifiers but there’s so many at different prices, it’s a real minefield! Has anyone used one successfully or if you have any other tips on how to combat the problem I’d really appreciate it. Thanks x

The first thing I'd try is wiping your puppy all over with a wet flannel - it's just possible he is carrying something else on his coat from the previous home that is triggering your daughter's flare up (even excess dander from rough and tumble with his siblings).

It's a long shot, but so easy to try as a first step before you try more expensive options.

The first thing I'd try is wiping your puppy all over with a wet flannel - it's just possible he is carrying something else on his coat from the previous home that is triggering your daughter's flare up (even excess dander from rough and tumble with his siblings).

It's a long shot, but so easy to try as a first step before you try more expensive options.
Thanks that’s a good idea. I’ll give it a try x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back