The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hi all

Sammylincs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum my name is Sammy and I'm for Lincolnshire I am a first time puppy owner I have a 16 week old Jake Russel terrier and im a bit worfied about him as hes stopped eating his food it started on saturday morning friday he was fine eat all his food like normal . He will a bit of kibble if you make it a game with him and he is eating chicken with a little of his wet food on it and of courses his training treats but he's not eating three full meals a day anymore and I am worried in every other way he is fi e no vomiting or diarrhea he has loads of energy and is playing and running about like a nutter lol i have taken his to the vets they thorght that maybe he was teething but he crunches biscute ok so i dont think his mouth is sore . I hope so one can help as im starting to get really worried . He is fed on jameswellbegood soft food with a lilttle ava kibble in it three times a day .

He has probably learned that chicken and training treats are nicer than food! The fact he will eat if you make it a game is encouraging so you could use his kibble for rewards etc. You could also use a Kong for his food, which has the added advantage of keeping him occupied too. As long as he is drinking and is otherwise healthy, I would cut right back on the treats and chicken so he is ready to eat properly when you feed him. Also, almost every dog food feeding guide I have ever seen is on the generous side so it could be he has been getting enough and he is just not hungry.

Hi. I wouldn't like to second guess here if your vet can't say what's wrong- just to repeat it's the drinking that's important- whatever the cause he's obviously not quite himself. Just watch him- and if you have concerns about drinking enough a good tip is to make broth with either a bit of boneless chicken or white fish- let it cool and they will usually drink it up! good luck.

Thanks for the reply he's drinking like normal so no really problem their .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back