The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hi Everyone, Any Miniature Schnauzer Owners?

PeterParker

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello :flowers:

I've just joined this forum so wanted to say hi to everyone. I have an 8 year old Salt and Pepper Miniature Schnauzer called Evie. She is an ex breeding bitch and rather a special girl. We have also just subjected Evie to the addition of a puppy in the form of Peter Parker (his pedigree name) but his every day name is Parker. He is Black and Silver and will be 14 weeks old on Monday. He is adorable. I think Evie has finally realised he's not just visiting. She is telling him off when he pushes too far at play time. Apparently I'm told this is normal. It's weird to see and hear as Evie is usually such a gentle soul and not much gets her back up. The postman being the exception :>

We have just this morning been out on our first adventure to the local park altogether. Parker is very excited and in awe of everything! It did wear him out he fell asleep for about 3 hours when he got back.

Hope to get lots of hints and tips from the forum in the future.

If anyone else has Schnauzers, please say hi and lets compare!! ;-)

Oh I love miniature schauzers!!

Please please please can we have some pictures???

(ps Welcome!)

Well I have many pictures, even of Parker who we have only had for three weeks, so yes you can have some pictures. How do I do that round here?

You can use photo bucket or there is an upload function at the bottom of the posting box?

Sorry it's taken some time but here is a link to some pics of my two Miniature Schnauzers. Evie is a salt and pepper and is 8. I've had her since she was 3. She was an ex breeding dog. Parker is black and silver and is now 15 weeks old and I've had him for 5 weeks. He is a great puppy, well behaved (I think he's learnt a lot from his sister as she is very good) and now he's going out for walks he's really enjoying himself. They are both lovely dogs who I love very much.

http://s266.beta.photobucket.com/user/Spangle_03/library/Parker%20and%20Evie

Hi! I have a mini - she's 12 years old and her name is Mandy. We lost our other mini 2 years ago and still miss her terribly. Sadly Mandy is suffering from chronic liver failure (I understand the breed is prone to that) but fortunately it was diagnosed very early at Glasgow University Vet School and is doing very well indeed on a low fat diet and medication. She's a real character and is in charge of our 3 whippets!

My friends 18 year old cat has liver failure, but again they caught it early and she is on medication and is doing really well. I hope it catching it early in Mandy can slow things down for you too. I love Miniature Schnauzers they have such a lot of character. Out little one is really bringing Evie out of herself, she is doing 'dog thing's that she has never done before. Being an ex breeder she's always been very repressed in many ways, despite my best intentions of trying to bring her out of herself. Now she's showing him who's boss and I think enjoying having a little one to boss around. She's a very special dog.

I love the pic on the beach in the wind :D brilliant

I'm so glad having a pup to supervise is doing Evie good too :)

until very recently this forum was very much frequented by owners of whippets and other sighthounds

I don't have schnauzers, but am reading a book about one man and his schnauzer, "Following Atticus"

Hi we have a miniature schnauzer too (harry) very boisterouse and friendly six months old at the miment he is telling my husband its time to go out in a very persuasiive manner he is so funny will send a photo later ,patlin

Hello Patlin!

Welcome to Dog Forum - I am Anna :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back