The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hi, just joined need advice on pink bottom lip

Melvyn91

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a female 4 year old staffy with ear problems and licking feet grass allergy, awhile back she scratched her bottom corner of lip to pieces and has not seemed to heal fully since then, when people stroke or scratch her, she does that "uncomfortable" face, its red and looks sore but vet just told me to leave the area alone and wash it with some warm water and salt :l she cannot chew rope toys or anything when it rubs on her corner lips she just ignores it and gives up playing. In the photo they are more red ish color

IMG_20180924_081640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, we have been through the mill of tests and hypoallergenic foods with Murphy for a itch on his chin and round his eyes that really bothered him.
Weve narrowed it down to anything containing beef and fresh mown grass. Weve had great success with apoquel tablets.
We started on two a day, then one a day, then one every other day, then half every other day until his chin and eyes healed up.
But now I know what causes his attacks if I see the council mowing the grass I give him half a tablet 3 days in a row and its enough to keep an attack at bay.

If youre not happy with what your vet has said maybe its time to consult another vet.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back