The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

High-value kibble?

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I never thought I'd say it, but Jasper is getting a bit meh about kibble rewards. Hot/humid weather and him being lazy is a factor - sometimes it's just not worth the effort of getting up and doing something for.

I'm doing a couple of training/game things at the moment when I'd like to be able to use kibble as it's easy to hold/carry and works well in interactive toys, but I need something that's a little more motivating and rewarding (just reintroduced a toy from years ago that dispenses treats when he presses a button but apparently it's scary...).

Currently I'm using 'Nineteen 87' which is high quality. Chances are if I offered him Baker's he'd go for it thanks to all those delicious nasties, but I'd prefer something healthier, even though it only makes up a small portion of his diet. Any recommendations please? I looked at Gentle but they're out of samples and I'd only want small bags.

Now why didn't I think of that? :emoji_face_palm: We have plenty of that already! Every time I buy a bag I keep thinking the bag will last longer than the cat, but he keeps proving me wrong.

It's tiny, too - it's kitten food as Monty is skin & bone and needs extra oomph - which means J can have LOTS of bits!

Thanks Joanne :)

That was my first thought! You can get some good high quality cat kibble in smaller bags, if ever your cat runs out that is!

The good news is, kitten kibble is certainly higher value than dog kibble. However, I don't think I should have used it for dremel training, scratchboard training and an interactive toy all on the same day. It stinks in here! :eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back