The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

High Value Treat - Training

Doradawg

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, my little pup is now 18 weeks old. She’s doing well with her training indoors and can sit/stay and leave and will also do a little bit of heel/‘look at me’ around the house. We’re attending Puppy training! Her best treats are hot dog sausage or pet munchies treats. But, she’s not a particularly food orientated pup and once outside with other distractions she’s not really interested.

She’s a Havanese with a tiny mouth, so needs something small and quick to chew. She’s not that interested in cheese or peanut butter and she has fresh chicken as part of her evening meal. So, I’m looking for other ideas for a high value treat please 😊.

Here’s a pic of the little bundle

Attachments

• 8752D163-1FDE-48C0-8C3F-4CE85E77CF93.jpeg
    8752D163-1FDE-48C0-8C3F-4CE85E77CF93.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 1,682
If your pup isn’t a foodie I think you will need to experiment to find out what they consider to be high value. Another thing to consider is as with most pups being outside and all the sights and smells is their high value treat so you may have to work harder to get their attention back to you. It takes time and become easier 😀

Or liver cake? They can be frozen for storage.
She is so cute, I was trying to work out what a Havanese was, I thought the 'ese' bit might be a Pekingese and couldn't think what the 'Hava' bit was... so I googled it and it's an actual breed, doh!! :rolleyes:Apologies!:D:D

Or liver cake? They can be frozen for storage.
She is so cute, I was trying to work out what a Havanese was, I thought the 'ese' bit might be a Pekingese and couldn't think what the 'Hava' bit was... so I googled it and it's an actual breed, doh!! :rolleyes:Apologies!:D:D
They’re not that common in the uk .. there is a crufts class though 👌🏻. Thank you for the ideas

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back