The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Highgate Lurcher Racing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks for a good evening as usual. Wally didnt get a second run, Im not sure what happened. Never mind, he still got a very good time and earned his curry and chips.Lyn
Hi Lyn ,sorry about Wally not getting his 2nd run :b

When I'm up in the box,I don't really know what is running,I just shout out the names etc......

We will make it up to you next time :)

Glad he enjoyed his supper :D
Lol, you could have tested out your walkie talkies!!! No excuse now Mrs :lol:
Never thought of that :lol:

Glad someone finds it funny anyway Vicky :lol:
Nah tannoy works well Hazel :thumbsup:

"Geoff can you get the dog ready now" and

"Someone make sure Geoff's got the dog in the right colour"

were about the best comments of the night :teehee:

We had a lot of fun last night, thanks very much to the organisers. We got into a pickle with the second races - some people had gone home. We weren't that bothered though so just shoved a few dogs into the traps and then watched! My two (Jed and Pie) are still getting used to the traps - they have to be 'encouraged' in and still come out slow :ermm:

I'm hoping they'll start to relax with practice, then their times should improve, although they're built for a bit more distance really!

Thanks for a good evening as usual. Wally didnt get a second run, Im not sure what happened. Never mind, he still got a very good time and earned his curry and chips.Lyn
Hi Lyn ,sorry about Wally not getting his 2nd run :b

When I'm up in the box,I don't really know what is running,I just shout out the names etc......

We will make it up to you next time :)

Glad he enjoyed his supper :D
Lol, you could have tested out your walkie talkies!!! No excuse now Mrs :lol:
Never thought of that :lol:

Glad someone finds it funny anyway Vicky :lol:
Nah tannoy works well Hazel :thumbsup:

"Geoff can you get the dog ready now" and

"Someone make sure Geoff's got the dog in the right colour"

were about the best comments of the night :teehee:
:lol: It was Geoffs fault he told her to remind him

Theres some more racing this coming sat 24th Jan 2009.

Please can you let people know :)

I have a pair of walkie-talkies that Highgate Lurcher Squad can have. Ive hardly used them as weve got such big mouths here we didnt need them ! Theyre a 3km range and come with charger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of walkie-talkies that Highgate Lurcher Squad can have. Ive hardly used them as weve got such big mouths here we didnt need them ! Theyre a 3km range and come with charger.
Thanks Quicksilver,any donations are gratefully received :thumbsup:

Geoffs got a big mouth, but I'm alittle bit deaf :lol:

We had a lot of fun last night, thanks very much to the organisers. We got into a pickle with the second races - some people had gone home. We weren't that bothered though so just shoved a few dogs into the traps and then watched! My two (Jed and Pie) are still getting used to the traps - they have to be 'encouraged' in and still come out slow :ermm: I'm hoping they'll start to relax with practice, then their times should improve, although they're built for a bit more distance really!
They'll defo get used to it, look at Breeze and Max, Max turned round and tried to get out the way he had come in, now he is straight out of them traps. He might be last but he enjoys it!

Breeze won both her races, there was a bit of a mix up on the 2nd race but we just shoved em in and let em go!

Lets hope that its better weather next time!

Thanks Geoff and Hazel for letting lurchers have a run, it gives them something to do in winter when they arent working!

We had a lot of fun last night, thanks very much to the organisers. We got into a pickle with the second races - some people had gone home. We weren't that bothered though so just shoved a few dogs into the traps and then watched! My two (Jed and Pie) are still getting used to the traps - they have to be 'encouraged' in and still come out slow :ermm: I'm hoping they'll start to relax with practice, then their times should improve, although they're built for a bit more distance really!
They'll defo get used to it, look at Breeze and Max, Max turned round and tried to get out the way he had come in, now he is straight out of them traps. He might be last but he enjoys it!

Breeze won both her races, there was a bit of a mix up on the 2nd race but we just shoved em in and let em go!

Lets hope that its better weather next time!

Thanks Geoff and Hazel for letting lurchers have a run, it gives them something to do in winter when they arent working!
Your all more than welcome :thumbsup: love having the crack with you all :thumbsup:

Don't forget this saturday :thumbsup:

Many thanks John, see you and the gang at wessy :thumbsup: :luck:

Afew more lurchers would be nice :thumbsup:

hi have still got injured dog, dislocated toe. but hoping to sort my other lurchers out to bring to next meeting . i live 4-5 hours away from highgate so i would like to bring a couple with me. sorry to miss another meeting.

:thumbsup:

hi have still got injured dog, dislocated toe. but hoping to sort my other lurchers out to bring to next meeting . i live 4-5 hours away from highgate so i would like to bring a couple with me. sorry to miss another meeting.:thumbsup:
I know when you do eventually come, you'll really enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the dislocated toe :(

If you keep looking on here,you'll see details of our next meeting,although we only do it through the winter months :)

hi guys new to this forum jusy wondering how old they have to be before they can race only i have a 5 month old looney lurcher .. thanks sue.. :-

Only 5 entries in the lurchers for tomorrow :( and they are all ov23"

R WALLY

B STORM

W PEG

BK GEORDIE

O JAZZ

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back