The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Highgate Wrc

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I can understand running the week before, some dogs thrive on running, need the consistency and if used to regular running a break in their running programme can have a negative affect, others run better fresh after a rest, but again we all have our own opinions and we strive to learn what suits our own dogs best.

Injuries well to be honest i think if they are going to happen they will and unfortunately we can't determine whether thats week before champs, week after or on the day as they leave the traps :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
like i said i would'nt :angry:

what any body else does is there buisness

dont get me wrong milly what your doing for whippet racing is brilliant im just frustrated at the prospect at not seeing top quality racing at easington at there open there will be class dogs there but i dont think it will be as good as it could have been never mind hope our dogs come off safe and sound ready for the champs

dont get me wrong milly what your doing for whippet racing is brilliant im just frustrated at the prospect at not seeing top quality racing at easington at there open there will be class dogs there but i dont think it will be as good as it could have been never mind hope your dogs come off safe and sound ready for the champs
sorry about that trust me

like i said i would'nt :angry:
what any body else does is there buisness
Exactly John we all have our own opinions and choices, like you I would do what I thought best for my dog :D

pleased i dont bend race lol but must admit i thought it a bit daft putting an ADDITIONAL open on the week b4 the bend champs @ a totally diff track and as far as im aware it just apperared in this months whippet news even though i dont bend race i look to c wot opens r on and where so im sure i wudve seen it. personally i think it shud b cancelled until after the champs and maybe work alongside people like geoff who runs highgate and vicky who runs westhoughton wrc maybe tell them both well in advance that there is to b an open on such and such a date @ easington then maybe they wud both attend easington or maybe theyd still choose 2 put their handicaps on its up to them but im sure something cud b sorted out. geoff did say he checked the calender 1st b4 deciding to put their wrc night on. all this just my opinion like i say i dont bend race ( yet lol)

the shit allways starts once the bend season starts including stupid rumors but thats another story :D

the shit allways starts once the bend season starts including stupid rumors but thats another story :D

com'on gary what runours :D

got me wondering now :lol:

don't know what the hells going on :p ;)

Just looked into my crystal ball, and I know what your rumour is ;)

at the end of the day if your dog is bend schooled it will run anywhere if you say otherwise your makeing excuses up for your dog

dont get me wrong milly what your doing for whippet racing is brilliant im just frustrated at the prospect at not seeing top quality racing at easington at there open there will be class dogs there but i dont think it will be as good as it could have been never mind hope your dogs come off safe and sound ready for the champs
No probs Allan ;)

Haven't got my WN yet but presume that the open is the travellers bend open? This open last year attracted 31 dogs........with additional money.........there was no other open on at Highgate that day, what was the reason for the poor turnout then?

How in turn then,can you say that another open held on the same day, 118 miles away can therefore decrease the number of dogs running on the 17th?

Surely the credit crunch and peoples unwillingness to travel is more of a reason for the poor turnout rather than the fact that another WRC are having a race night and trying to find ways to fund their club and race their dogs?

Am beginning to think we sound like moaning bloody northerners all the time!!

Everyone has a choice to race where they like. I don't see why any club should have to justify what they do.

Chris.
looking forward to seeing your dogs running at easington on the 17th chris
Not sure why you would be so interested? Unless of course your'e worried about competition (w00t) Look up who won last year Alan and you'll get your'e answer :thumbsup:

P.S. I only have one dog running (w00t)

No probs Allan ;)
By the way Allan, who are you? :unsure:

RunningGreyhound.gif

Our next bend meeting is Saturday Oct 17th, gates open 4pm, first race 5pm, all entries must be in by 10pm Friday the 16th.

If your happy with last nights format, we will have it the same at this meeting, and if your not happy please phone or PM me suggesting a better and fairer one.

ps We wish all our members :luck: at the bend champs on Oct 25th at Highgate.
BUMP

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back