The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

History has been made!

aslan

a totally addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
HI All

At the FIRST All Breeds Pedigree dog show in Shanghai (open show) the Whippet Best of Breed went to

[SIZE=14pt]ASLAN SOUTHCHYNA MORNING [/SIZE]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

"Mack" to his friends is pictured here (sitting, unfortunately) with his handler Ms. JianHong Zhang (maid for the owner Mr Yi Le)

I haven't found out who the judge was yet but ... how exciting !

View attachment 579

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Aslan, what a handsome boy!! Is the handler's ring number big enough??? LOL

Yes well done Lana, he looks really fit. Its great when your dogs do well for other people.

Dessie, We should have numbers that big over here, how many times have we tried to see whos who across the ring. You may have a problem thou if it was that big, the weight of it may make you lean over to one side :p :D

Congratulations Lana, it is such a lovely feeling when our babies do well for their owners! :) Give Layla a big hug for having such a handsome brother!

Have to agree with the previous posts - rather BIG number - just the thing for my poor eyesight :p ;)

LOL! :D

I think we all might have to take into consideration that the lady may be quite small - yes I know the number IS big, but Mack also looks quite big beside her. ;)

Well done Lana,you must be really proud. ian

Congratulations Lana- how exciting- you must be stoked! Go the Aussies!!!

Cheers

Gary.

Thanks so much everyone for your kind congrats :p

Malin, I told Layla she'd better hurry up and get serious about a Grand Champion title or Mack will end up being famous and she won't. ;) And I reckon that got her thinking - because not being famous will NEVER do for a PRINCESS. :0

Well done Lana, on breeding a lovely dog! Congratulations from everyone at Darkstars.

Lyd

Lana, Are there many Whippets and hounds over there on the show circiut? We are always discouraged from exporting to asian countries, its much closer to you I know but did you worry at all about him going?.

I thought that I'd posted this the other day. But apparently not! So congrats from me to you and the lovely boy that you bred.

I don't know how many dogs there were at the show Karen - but I'd say it would have been fairly small as the show scene is just beginning. This was the first pedigree dog show in Shanghai - probably in all of China for that matter. I will find out about that.

I did have some reservations about sending a puppy at first but there were a number of things that calmed my nerves. Firstly the owner waited for over 12 mths for his puppy and had constant contact with me via email during that time and revealed a lot to me about himself - I got to know him quite well and felt safe that he was going to be a loving owner. Secondly he searched the net for whippet sites and information, bought every whippet book he could get his hands on and devoured every one - then had lengthy email conversations with me (before we both got onto Messenger) about everything from what type of inside "house" Mack should have ("perhaps he'd like an igloo kennel for more privacy?") to angulation and movement. Thirdly, originally the owner lived in Hong Kong and there was an active dog show scene there. Unfortunately he had to shift his business to Shanghai - where he has waited 3 years for the show scene to happen. So it wasn't quite so unknown/unnerving sending to Hong Kong as it would have been sending to someone from China to begin with. I think also a lot of the information we get about the way Asians treat domestic dogs is false. There are people who are dog lovers, who have good jobs and and can afford to maintain a pedigree dog in the manner it should be maintained.

I still get regular emails from the owner and still have messenger chats. I have been sent sent photos of Mack in the apartment and at the park where he goes to walk and play. I have been told that the vet admires Mack very much and tells Yi that he has him in excellent condition.

So overall I am extremely happy with the home Mack has. I have had a number of Australian owners who have made all the promises on earth and sounded trustworthy and have then shown their true colours and been terrible owners and left me in all sorts of predicaments trying to get dogs back here.

I did talk about this in another thread once before so I won't go on anymore, I've already written half a novel! :b

aslan said:
bought every whippet book he could get his hands on and devoured every one
Sounds like a really great home Lana and I hope the show scene takes off over there, I think the people involved would put thier heart and soul into doing it in the best possible way.

As a book lover Im a bit worried about his eating habits though :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back