The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hold On Honey

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Do you keep in touch with her breeder? If we were to breed Skippy i would do so on their advice as we are in regular contact, also i'd be tempted to send her back over to Ireland to mate/whelp and rear the pups over there as i think the Irish are probably more experienced and have tons of acres of rearing space. All costly but i suppose if you get at least one good pup out of the litter it would be worth it.

If you look at the tables in the Greyhound Star (Nov or Dec issue) the stud dog that stands out well to me is Moyne Rebel. Not sired many litters, but has a higher percentage of runners out of litters than some of the big names.

paul halpin said:
I think I have narrowed it down to 2 ,  Reactabond Slick and Droopys Juninho

Probably go with "Slick" for her first litter as he is in England and a fair bit cheaper so if the bitch isn`t a good mother or there are any other probs I will not have lost so much, then all being well perhaps go to " Juninho" for her second litter if he is still available.

What are your thoughts??????

Paul

I'm no expert but I would be looking for an outcross to Toms the Best Line (Westmead Woofa springs to mind) OR Spiral Nakita Line (Special Trick) - Both will put some staying power into her offspring, and as JT stock are usually early paced I think going back to Slaneyside Hare line might be a negative. But as I said, I'm no expert and wish you the best of luck with whoever you choose.

Terry

I love the look of Westmead Woofa, not badly priced stud fee either and ?standing in the UK.

Westmead Woofa

Last edited by a moderator:
Another I would keep my eye on if your not breeding until 2007 is Schevchenko.

HOLD ON HONEY qualified to race yesterday in a calculated 29.78 ,despite running in to trouble at the third bend she managed to finish second by 1/2 a length and was two lengths clear at the pick up :D :D

Paul

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]WELL DONE [/SIZE] :cheers:

Keep us informed of her future races :thumbsup:

paul halpin said:
HOLD ON HONEY qualified to race yesterday in a calculated 29.78 ,despite running in to trouble at the third bend she managed to finish second by 1/2 a length and was two lengths clear at the pick up :D   :D

Paul

Excellent .... That should put her around A5 for her first race --- A4 if the racing manager is being unkind.

Excellent .... That should put her around A5 for her first race --- A4 if the racing manager is being unkind.

Hi all,

Hold on Honey first race is an A8, qualifying is quite hard at Monmore , her first run will be this saturday 4 feb 20.10 at monmore she is running from trap 5, she is showing a lot of middle to late pace and after 3 or 4 races around the standard trip we will be trialling her over the 630 metres and see how she looks, if her breeding is anything to go by the longer trip should suit her very nicely. :luck:

:luck: Honey for your up and coming race - you are smashing looking girl! :wub:

That's a good time, well done! :wub: :luck:

Edited to say, she's related to my Max via I'm Slippy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck to Honey in her first race in this Country :thumbsup:

All the best for Saturday. Hope the plan comes together

Honey's litter sister (Black Tigress) is making her debut at Brough Park tonight in the 7:51 T1 After nearly a year off after finishing lame at Wimbledon in Mar 05.

Is Black Tigress one of yours skippy, hope she does well it may be an omen :wacko:

No, as I said, following JT stock is kind of a hobby of mine. I noticed her when checking out the form of Brough Park tonight for the Channel425 comp we have going on here.

5th tonight, Better luck next time Paul :thumbsup:

She was second at the pick up skippy only about 1 length behind she has definately got to be tried over the longer trip, and to be quite honest m8 I didn`t hold out much hope in A8 company but it was a good run except for the trap :b

Out again tonight another difficult A8 , see if she traps any better this time :oops:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back