The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Holiday Photos

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What beautiful photos....................glad you all had a lovely time :thumbsup:

amazing scenery. where i live all the street names and stuff are taken from around those parts of scotland. davaar and bute etc.

great to see them :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
stormydog said:
amazing scenery.  where i live all the street names and stuff are taken from around those parts of scotland.  davaar and bute  etc.
great to see them  :thumbsup:

I suppose Kintyre is a lot closer to Northern Ireland than it is to most parts of Scotland! :lol: It was really odd to be looking across from the Mull to Giant's Causeway, knowing we were doing the same thing from the other side last year especially as we had no idea that we would be holidaying on Kintyre this year! :D I must look out my Giant's causeway photos and see if I can see Scotland on them.

I've just been through these again in my leisure at home (as opposed to work).

It looks like you had a really lovely time. You certainly had a fabulous location with your cottage...right on the beach. A great idea to travel with those small ferries....much more fun :teehee:

The view from the Kyles of Bute is lovely.

What a strange place to have a painting, but it certainly made an interesting place to go for a walk.

Was Ailsa Craig the island where they quarried the granite and polished and shaped them for bowls used for those ship deck games? Can't think for the life of me remember what that game is called now. I watch too much Coast :- "

Lovely photos. :thumbsup:

Nicola said:
I've just been through these again in my leisure at home (as opposed to work).
It looks like you had a really lovely time. You certainly had a fabulous location with your cottage...right on the beach. A great idea to travel with those small ferries....much more fun :teehee:

The view from the Kyles of Bute is lovely.

What a strange place to have a painting, but it certainly made an interesting place to go for a walk.

Was Ailsa Craig the island where they quarried the granite and polished and shaped them for bowls used for those ship deck games? Can't think for the life of me remember what that game is called now. I watch too much Coast :- "

Lovely photos.  :thumbsup:

You're right about Ailsa Craig and bowls - well remembered! I think it's a nature reserve now. We could see the island from everywhere we went - very recognisable. :thumbsup:

The view of the Kyles of Bute was spectacular - we nearly didn't stop at the view point but I'm so glad we did. :)

My parents live in Dunoon so i thought I recognised the Western Ferry you were on and the coastline.. Yes, it is a beautiful area of Scotland - I am in Glasgow and love to visit them.. My moonboot, Molly also loves to run and play on those very same beaches as your boys.. :))

moonboot said:
My parents live in Dunoon so i thought I recognised the Western Ferry you were on and the coastline..  Yes, it is a beautiful area of Scotland - I am in Glasgow and love to visit them..  My moonboot, Molly also loves to run and play on those very same beaches as your boys.. :))
The area around Dunoon looked really nice. The whole Cowal peninsular is lovely. Do you go over to Arran at all? Although it's an island, Arran didn't feel half so remote as Kintyre did. I suppose it is only a shortish ferry ride away from the coast west of Glasgow. :)

fantastic pics gillian :thumbsup: , the dogs :wub: look superb!!! oh and the cows sunbathing (w00t)

:) Looks like you all had a great time. :thumbsup: Your dogs are stunning :wub:

Beautiful scenery too.

Sonia and Jesse xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back