The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Home made stock cubes

Sue Jordan

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone so we have been having a few problems with Lolas digestive system over the past few weeks long story short after multiple trips to the vets he has suggested I take her off her current diet which was Ava chicken kibble and forthglade wet and put her on Ava sensitive which is white fish . I've been cooking white fish fillets to mix in with it to make it less boring but she weedles all the fish out and grazes all day on the kibble .Blu is on chicken version and also grazes so is taking forever to feed them separately...so I was thinking of making a plain fish and chicken stock but wondered how to store them...can I freeze in icecube tray then defrost some each day...would I have to heat it up?...just wondered if anyone else does this ?

I can't think of any reason why not, I don't think you would need to heat it but adding warm water to kibble releases some of the aroma so warming it a little might help make it more tempting.

I actually do something similar, I freeze the water from a can of tuna in spring water in an ice cube tray and if I feel Timber needs to hydrate (like if he has been unwell) I add that to his water.

That's a good idea!....thinking I would have to eat lots of tuna haha..but good if I run out of stock.

Hi everyone so we have been having a few problems with Lolas digestive system over the past few weeks long story short after multiple trips to the vets he has suggested I take her off her current diet which was Ava chicken kibble and forthglade wet and put her on Ava sensitive which is white fish . I've been cooking white fish fillets to mix in with it to make it less boring but she weedles all the fish out and grazes all day on the kibble .Blu is on chicken version and also grazes so is taking forever to feed them separately...so I was thinking of making a plain fish and chicken stock but wondered how to store them...can I freeze in icecube tray then defrost some each day...would I have to heat it up?...just wondered if anyone else does this ?

I freeze chicken stock (cook chicken carcass few hours in much water) into cubes in freezer. I put in fridge day before to defrost or zap in microwave if not so organised.. But have used frozen chicken cubes cubes in a kong. Love your fish cubes idea.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back