The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Honeybee

mkp

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Honeybee,

Could you provide me with the name and practice address of the NGRC vet that attends Monmore Stadium? There is evidence to dispute his/her claim that a small amount of chocolate would not show up on a drug test, and since this strikes at the very heart of the BWRA and NWRF dope testing problems, it is important that this be sorted out. I would like to contact this vet.

mkp

MKP. I am not prepared to give you this information. The Vet in question was/is a 1st class vet and I am not getting him/her involved in any drug dispute. I am not the only person this vet has given this info. to. This, by the way, was NOT recent but a few years ago when all the drug disputes started. Drug disputes are a big issue, not just amongst whippeteers but also amongst top trainers of greyhounds. So, I say let the EXPERTS sort it out and keep oit of it. :oops:

Would Monmore stadium not give this info out? Maybe worth a try?

Already e-mailed them, Vicky. Awaiting reply.

mkp

For you information the vet in question is no longer at Monmore and as this was several years ago, I doubt if they could help. Why are you going "down that road" again. Can't see the point myself. Afterall, it was one person's opinion at that time whether or not you think they are incorrect. My advice, for what its worth, LEAVE WELL ALONE AND KEEP OUT OF CAUSING TROUBLE OF DRUG ISSUES. :oops:

MKP I personally think asking Honeybee to print that information on a debate forum was wrong, theres no way anyone should name professional people on here , maybe if you had emailed or PMed Honeybee you may have got results.

Thanks you Denise, I am glad I am not the only person who believes in Professional etiquette. As a retired Law Clerk I do know what you can and cannot divulge, especially on K9 and the likes. :cheers:

Dont worry about it Honeybee, anyone with an ounce of common sence knows you cant give information like that out

Just got off the phone after a long chat with a certain Tom Bingham, senior veterinary surgeon with Walpole & Bingley which is the practice licensed by the NGRC to attend Monmore stadium. He confirmed what I and the more enlightened among the whippet fraternity already knew, that a small amount of chocolate will show up in a dope test. He even mentioned cocoa pops showing up in greyhound tests. The chemicals that constitute the chocolate metabolites, theobromine, caffeine and theophylline, he referred to as 'mickey mouse drugs'. He was shocked that the BWRA punishes for the same given that we have no betting, and he agreed that since whippets live in the house it is very difficult to avoid these substances. I mentioned that certain members of K9 had suggested it is unethical to give out the names of vets. His reply was 'bollocks'. So, anybody that still labours under the misapprehension that just a little bit of chocolate wouldn't show up in a dope test, I'll give out that name again. Tom Bingham, Walpole & Bingham, 01902 342775. He's not very impressed with whippet racers. Neither am I.

oh god bet a Lott of racers wont sleep tonight knowing your not impressed with them :eek: everyone is entitled to do what they believe in mark -_- just like yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the sort of response I've come to expect, ignore the real issue of fact and truth, pick up on something totally irrelevant to the argument.

mkp said:
Exactly the sort of response I've come to expect from a moron, ignore the real issue of fact and truth, pick up on something totally irrelevant to the argument.
ohhhhh whats up mark that time of month :clown:

Just maybe a few could learn from Mutleys success over the years with his whippets. Thay all live indoors as part of the family, thay are Dees babies.

Thay have the run of the house , good food , a warm bed and a big spoonfull of love before a race ........ and thay have never failed a test yet.

:angry: mkp ive heard and listened to a lot of what you have said on here and your a bit of a loose cannon i think you say you like to help your freinds out and prove them clear of any wrong doing but time after time you rant and rave im glad you are not looking after my welfare , but on that note you blantley ignored honeybee's plea not to get in touch with the vet but oh no drop someone else in it and thats ok why not stay well out of it, and now i see why your not wanted with your attitude.

Thank you Tony, I am pleased to hear that you too think he is nothing but TROUBLE. If I had realised and know what I know now I would not have stated on K9 what I did. I have since replied to MKP of my feelings under a separate heading and as you see I am none too pleased with him and that is putting it mildly. I just hope that he has not caused and misunderstanding/misgivings with Tom Bingham, who treats quite a few whippets. When I next see him I will fill him in on the TRUE FACTS. MKP in my estimation is nothing but TROUBLE and a SHIT stirrer and thinks nobody is right except him. :oops:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back