The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hot weather

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by Jack-Russell-Lover, Jul 20, 2021.

1. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Actually, it's quite hot here - according to my phone, 24⁰. Our garden backs on to a field of allotments and we got some peas handed over so I've spent the afternoon shelling them in the shade with a small dog hoping a few get dropped. A few of course did ...

excuseme likes this.
  2. Finsky

Finsky Well-Known Member Registered

Ticks .....YUCK! Yesterday we took our hounds for a woodland walk to Sherwood forest and one of our dogs like to do more 'foraging' on the rough than others...she was 'hoovering' ticks on her. I had to keep checking her every so often and pick the ticks off. When we got back to car, I still picked about dozen off from her and few had already managed to start burying into the skin so those came home with us so I could deal with them properly. I don't thin I've ever seen that many ticks around...horrible.

melb100 likes this.
  3. Finsky

Finsky Well-Known Member Registered

I LOVE shelling peas and eating them too. One of our past dogs was absolutely obsessed about peas...I used to just pop the pod open and he would then nibble the peas, one by one and when I would stop giving him anymore, he then started chewing the pods. So nice to have these little memories popping up into one's head..

JoanneF likes this.
  4. Ash2021

Ash2021 Member Registered

I grew peas one year and couldn’t work out who was stealing them, until I saw my lab helping himself

JoanneF likes this.