The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

House Training

Cherie59

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My puppy is house-trained and always goes to the right spot (Pee pads) when we are in with him. However, whenever we leave the house, no matter for how long (15 minutes to 2 hours), he will always go where he is not supposed to. Anyone knows why and how I can change this?

If your puppy is toileting where you don't want him to, then I'm afraid he isn't housetrained.

I personally hate pads, all they do is give mixed messages about whether indoor toileting is allowed or not and create confusion over toilet training.

Are you taking him outside to toilet at all? If not, what's the reason? I don't mean to sound like I'm interrogating you but it would be helpful to frame an answer if we knew more about the circumstances .

Have you reacted negatively to accidents inside in the past? If he's house-trained he shouldn't need puppy pads now surely? I think so long as you are giving him access to outside when he needs it and praise when he goes this will stop. It takes some dogs longer than others that's all.

Could he have separation anxiety? Does he seem agitated when you go out, and desperately keen to see you when you come home? It could be worth recording him - audio is fine if video is tricky - to see if he whines when left. If so, that might be the cause of the accidents.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back