The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How Many Champs Have U Had?

sherry

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
have u had any bwra or n.n.w.r.f bend or straight champions? if yes how many? how many years have u been racing? wot championships did the dog win and wot was the dogs name?

this shud keep us goin 4 a while lol (w00t)

sadly i havent had any champions although mickey whizz won everything else and was runner up numerous times he never actually got a title. :(

so is nobody goin 2 ansa how many champs theyve had? i know people on here have :lol:

Go on then Carole i will start you off

With Fluke/Coral/Time/Waterford/--------

Time/tide -----Coral Same Litter --Crystal-Bay X Its the Pitts

The best days racing ever was at the nwrf bend championships Askern ---when Fluke took SUP bitch /Coral got a title--Waterford got her title and Time-n-Tide got runnerup --nothing can compare with that special day for me---

close but in a different way was Fluke getting SUP at Highgate her first time--

was racing throughout the late 50s till early 70s ---thirty year brake then started again in 97---

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Only had one dog so far and he got his NWRF straight title was over the moon that day. He never won another title was runner up to the great North to South the following year.

I think after that day i wouldn't have been bothered if he never won another race! :thumbsup:

Raced for 20 years before getting a title and then we've been very lucky since then on :luck:

Taylor Maid was r-up 3 times :teehee:

Maid your Point has 7 titles altogether, 4 bend titles inc 2 supreme & 3 straight titles inc rup sup.

Mo Chara has 3 in total - 2 bend titles & 1 straight title - Ch Ch's.

Maid u Luck has 2 titles both on the straights.

The best feeling ever was at the NNWRF straight champs this year, we already thought we'd had our fair share of luck over the past few months and then our 3 racers go and astound us by all coming home with titles, Ch Ch's, a runner Ch Ch's and a Nch - does not get much better than this. Ziggy (Maid u Luck) getting his first title was as good as any of the supremes, we do nothing but take the **** out of him and he really had us gobsmacked that weekend.

I don't think there's anything nicer than watching people take their first titles :D

Pretty lucky really, been racing 6 and a half years (can't believe Kerri is now seven years old) and have had the pleasure of owning four and racing the same four whippets.

Connor's Lass - BWRA/NWRF Bend r-up (beat all the dogs in her weight group at some point during those bend seasons but never pulled it out on the day)

Moany Moany - NBCh & NBCh r-up(and all the others like Scottish/South Coast/BWRA&NWRF Yearling/BWRA&NNWRF Veteran Championships) Proudest moment with her title wise was her BWRA Yr Champ aged just 13mths old and off the back, trapped like a demon and it was catch me if you can. Proudest moment otherwise, just having the pleasure of owning such a loyal animal (unless it's something edible :lol: )

Connor's Dream - BWRA/NNWRF r-up (1xstr/1xbend) Not a lot I can say about Jessica, except that she's a right little madam and race winner or not you just can't help the way she can be so mischevious and downright naughty yet you find yourself laughing at her and loving the little sod :wub:

Connor's Legacy - RBCh (what a shocker that one was, 6 weeks from season, been r-up to the same dog for the past two race meeting and everything went right for her on the day and she overturned the last two results and got the decision)

Next two puppies on the card and Goose and Fridgie (aka Lucy and Freya), I wonder if we'll be as lucky with that pair :unsure: . Who knows !!!

Gonna add mine Carol,although i've a long way to go to catch up with everybody else who'll post :b

Musclebound and Skybound are my first 2 dogs :wub: Can't count Peggy (Chris's Gift) cause she belongs to George,Lou and Phil.

Musclebound (our Harv) :wub: Nch and r-up BWRA and South Coast Scratch Ch

Skybound (Jake) Amazes me cause he's now racing (w00t) and he's South Coast Scratch 32lb Ch

rodders said:
Gonna add mine Carol,although i've a long way to go to catch up with everybody else who'll post :b Musclebound and Skybound are my first 2 dogs :wub: Can't count Peggy (Chris's Gift) cause she belongs to George,Lou and Phil.

Skybound (Jake) Amazes me cause he's now racing (w00t) and he's South Coast Scratch 32lb Ch

i havent got any karen :( lol well mickey whizz got a scottish title, won the english derby twice, won the scottish derby once and was r-up twice. was r up @ both the n.n.w.r.f and b.w.r.a on numerous occasions but sadly never got a title apart from the scottish one the dog that always beat him....... the great come on sue. had some fab races with her. :thumbsup:

all on the straights for zak

oh and have been racing approx 13 years

ballajura has 3 runners up 2 0n straight 1 on the bends also 30 scratch winner .

very unlucky worst on the bends bumped out 3 times :rant: in the twilight of his racing career,just look for him coming off ok and having a good race now :thumbsup

looking foward to see if mr sheene( BIG BENTLEY) is any good next year :sweating: :

Last edited by a moderator:
sherry said:
rodders said:
Gonna add mine Carol,although i've a long way to go to catch up with everybody else who'll post :b Musclebound and Skybound are my first 2 dogs :wub: Can't count Peggy (Chris's Gift) cause she belongs to George,Lou and Phil.

i havent got any karen :( lol well mickey whizz got a scottish title, won the english derby twice, won the scottish derby once and was r-up twice. was r up @ both the n.n.w.r.f and b.w.r.a on numerous occasions but sadly never got a title apart from the scottish one the dog that always beat him....... the great come on sue. had some fab races with her. :thumbsup:

all on the straights for zak

oh and have been racing approx 13 years

But what a list of great achievments he got :thumbsup: as good as any title :thumbsup: I'm sure Vickys wins at both Derbys were as good to her as the titles her dogs achieved :thumbsup:

going off most peoepl We have about anothe 15 years to go before we get a title :lol: and everyone will no cos I will be histerical for a few months at least :lol:

been racing 34 year had a rag ch mrs penny ru up twice on bends 1 on bends sup puppy ch sup yearing ch with attraction our anth has all the ch in our family :thumbsup:

:lol: Never had one, hope i might of got myself one, :lol: deffo can't wait 20 years, :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: Diane

had my first dog in 1997 and have had 2 champions, 1 supreme and 2 runners-up

United love- nbch

De-ja-Vu - nvbch

Flying Flashman- Sup nch champion of champions

(although he was my uncles, but we all put a lot of work into him to get his title)

Where is the love- runner-up on the bends

Demonic love - runner-up 2 years running but seemed to be taken out on the last bend :rant: and sadly never got the chance this year

Come back into racing in 2000 and had

Cavendish - Runner up to Hellbound

Cavendish Park - National Fed Champ up to 31lb

Naz's Warrior - National Champ No Limit

Cavendish Lady - Runner up bend Champs 23lb bitches 2007

Runner up straight champs 24lb Bitches 2008

Denside Colin - Scottish Puppy Champs No Limit 2008

Fed Puppy Champs No Limit

think mums going to post about "her" dogs later lol.

I've been taken racing all my life but have only actually had my own dog to race for about 6 years, eve (maid for this) is my first dog/racer, as an adult she made a few champs finals on the straights and won her south coast scratch title on the bends, since becoming a veteran though she's shown us what a star she is :wub: winning her first title on the bends in march and going one better and winning supreme vet champ in a fantastic final, she also won her straight vet rch in august this year.

I then persauded mum that we "needed" lexi after seeing her at 8weeks and what a fantastic girl she has been, winning bwra supreme puppy and yearling champion, 2 national titles and her racing title, this year she added south coast scratch champion to her list of achievements

This time last year Zena came to live with us, she hasnt had much racing this year, due to injury and season but won bwra supreme bitch puppy champion in march, I am looking forward to racing her next year :D , big thank you to Ron and family for letting us have both Zena and Lexi :huggles:

We've been lucky as we have only had one dog and have been in racing since 2001. We couldn't have wished for a better first dog, North 2 South. Although he is now almost seven and has retired he won many titles over his career.

He has won 3 BWRA titles, 3 NWRF titles - the last as a veteran against the younger dogs, 1 BWRA bend title and 1 NWRF bend title. He has also won a number of South Coast Scratch titles on the straights & bends.

He is now enjoying his well deserved retirement.

Typically Sally got in first (w00t)

My first "champion" was 16lb Rag Champion Right Rapid - what a versitile little girl she was, she ran up the tapes, to the lure and round the bends. Although we (I was married to Bill Warner then) had success on the open circuit it was quite a few years before I had my first Champion with Maid For It (Tess). She won 2 BWRA 18lb Bend Titles (1998/1999), was runner up in the 19lb NWRF Bend class, runner up in the 17lb NWRF Straight class. She also won 2 18lb South Coast Scratch titles -and she went on to be the overall winner at the event which was run at Hinckley Greyhound track. Tess is 13 years old and still come out for walks with all the other "girls". :huggles: In 2004 Susie - Pretty Mad won her 25lb NWRF straight title at Asfordby - in her heat she dead-heated with Whinnie Skippet, what a race the final was with both Susie and Poppy giving their all. It was a very emotional day as it was announced just before racing that Bob Osmond had sadly lost his brave battle against cancer and had passed away. How ironic that Sally's Eve is now going head to head with Whinnie Skippet in the vetrans. And last but not least Now Milli she was runner up in the 25lb NWRF straight champs (2007) and this year won the 24lb BWRA straight title - Milli is one of the most frustrating dogs I have owned - she is far too enthusatic for her own good I have lost count of the number of races she has lost her race by trying to come out of the traps when the lid is still firmly closed. I bet if the members at Old Hall had been given a pound for every time they have seen me stomp up the track saying "that's it - she's going to a pet home" they would be very rich indeed!!! Title Wins are very special but I get much pleasure (and excitment) watching my dogs come up the track as fast as they can in my eyes they are all Champions.

Ha Sally you may have got in first but I have typed more :p

Elaine

maid said:
Typically Sally got in first (w00t)
My first "champion" was 16lb Rag Champion Right Rapid - what a versitile little  girl she was, she ran up the tapes, to the lure and round the bends.  Although we (I was married to Bill Warner then) had success on the open circuit it was quite a few years before I had my first Champion with Maid For It (Tess).  She won 2 BWRA 18lb Bend Titles (1998/1999), was runner up in the 19lb NWRF Bend class, runner up in the 17lb NWRF Straight class.  She also won 2 18lb South Coast Scratch titles -and she went on to be the overall winner at the event which was run at Hinckley Greyhound track.  Tess is 13 years old and still come out for walks with all the other "girls". :huggles:   In 2004 Susie - Pretty Mad won her 25lb NWRF straight title at Asfordby  - in her heat she dead-heated with Whinnie Skippet, what a race the final was with both Susie and Poppy giving their all.  It was a very emotional day as it was announced just before racing that Bob Osmond had sadly lost his brave battle against cancer and had passed away. How ironic that Sally's Eve is now going head to head with Whinnie Skippet in the vetrans.  And last but not least Now Milli she was runner up in the 25lb NWRF straight champs (2007) and this year won the 24lb BWRA straight title - Milli is one of the most frustrating dogs I have owned - she is far too enthusatic for her own good I have lost count of the number of races she has lost her race by trying to come out of the traps when the lid is still firmly closed.  I bet if the members at Old Hall had been given a pound for every time they have seen me stomp up the track  saying "that's it - she's going to a pet home" they would be very rich indeed!!!    Title Wins are very special but I get much pleasure (and excitment) watching my dogs come up the track as fast as they can in my eyes they are all Champions. 

Ha Sally you may have got in first but I have typed more :p

Elaine

yeah but i'm the top trainer :oops: and taught you everything you know :- "

ps have banned mum from my computer so she'l have to wait till shes at work to reply now :p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back