The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How Many Do U Have?

sherry

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
ok after posting the poem on freddie arrived thread was just wondering how many whippets everyone has on here and how long they have been racing?

us we have now got 5. 1st brandy ( hot spice) aged 11 and half been retired 7 years, zak ( mickey whizz) aged nearly 7 been retired 3 years, sam ( whisper whizz) coming up 5 been retired a year, kez (crackin whizz) aged 2 and half still racing but off with a seasonal break and finally nikki ( nikki whizz) aged 13 months racing @ present! oh and weve been racing about 13 years now!

we've got 8, 1st Rch Maid For It (Tess) she's 12, 2nd Pretty Nifty (Charlie), beautifully bred but didn't like racing she's 9, 3rd Nch Pretty Mad (Susie), she's just turned 7, 4th Maid For This (eve) and 5th sister Maid For That (zola) they're 5, 6th Rch/Nch Lexi (Lexi), nearly 3, 7th R-up Nch Now Milli (Milli), shes 2 and 8th is Zena and she's 15wks

7 here - Maralyn 14, Taylor Maid 6 1/2, Sailaway 4 1/2, All Over Now, Maid Your Point & Maid u Luck 2, Mo Chara 1 1/2.

We have 7 to! Vicky..... 8)

Kim (Crystal Bay) our eldest-nearly 12 years old

Kipper-9

Whitey-(Coral)-7 in November

Meg-(Fluke)-8

Annie-(Annie Hough)-2

Barney-(Our Man Flint)-12 months

Alva-(Alva Starr)- "

Badger-(Time) went to live in Surrey

Violet Rose-Waterford went to live in Bolton-though she spends holidays in Morecambe with her new owner! saw her on the beach last week :wub:

My advice to anyone collecting whippets is don't do it... :blink:

For all the pleasure/joy they bring-they also bring hard work and tend to take over your life- :wacko:

Steve's been racing on/off since the 60's

Me/Harry- 10 years...ish

Waterford on the bends......before her retirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
As people know we are no longer racing but we do still have 7 whippets.

Beckie - Saxon Honey - who is blind

Jessie - Saxon Honeybee - these two are litter sisters and are 14 yrs old.

Robbie - Saxon Duke

Ben - Saxon Blue

Tom - Saxon Prince

Bonnie - Saxon Tiger

Kelly - Saxon Gem these are a complete litter out of Beckie and are 8 yrs old in December.

They are thoroughly enjoying their retirement and enjoy going away in the Caravan on numerous occasions each summer. where we go so to they. In fact we have not long returned from 2 weeks in Brean, where we had lovely sunny weather.

I couldn't part with any of them - too soft at heart. :wub: :thumbsup:

Well we've been racing for nearly six years now (that long already !!!)

There's BWRA/NWRF r-up Connor's Lass (Kerri) who is 6 years old.

Then NBCh Moany Moany (Blaze :wub: ) who is nearly 5 years old

BWRA/NWRF r-up Connor's Dream (Jessica) from Kerri's litter to Viv's Quest, she is 2 and a half along with litter sister RBCh Connor's Legacy (Talli aka Bump Dog, Bumps, Bumpy, Bumpy Trumpy :- " ).

P.S Jessica aka Tw*t, Little Sh*t, Jessi-CUR :b

We have 9.

Mimo (RCH/Nch sasparella) 9

Jet (RCH saspnspell) nearly 5 Runs the handycap

rose (rosearella) sadly broke her hock 3

belle (bellarella blue) 3

Boots (RCH McPocket) 2 1/2

Mazie (runawayrella) 2 1/2 Runs the handycap

Umbro (umbrorella) 1

harvey (kierans rella) 1 Runs the handycap

Cindy (cindy-rella) 1

full stop 14

blue goblin 10

amazing grace 6 and in pup

ballyspot5

rapid stag 4

little goblin 2

yentle 2

shanandor 1

loli 4 months

bloody hell 9 :p

I have seven whippets tonight but will be eight on Sunday with the arrival of Cyril.

Expell the bitch is 13 in November

Fiddles delft will be 13 next Feb

Fiddles gold is 10 in September

Sonofazip will be 9 but aint raced since two years because he has fits.

Fiddles dream will soon be 8

Boomtown rat who is 7

Fiddles ultimus is 3

Fiddles Sinatra (Cyril) is 9 weeks old.

Would I do the same again, most definitely not, although the whippets have brought me lots of pleasure and some very good friends, the last few years of whippet racing have been spoilt.

Every sport has its share of idiots, but whippet racing appears to have more than its fair share, and you can include me in this if it is your opinion, it wont offend me.

Like the BWRA I have been in whippet racing 40 years

Once about 30 years ago I had 14 whippets but only have 3 now.

Ghostdancer who is now 10 and became an epiletic this year

Sky Rocket who is nearly 5 and never got off the ground regarding his training as my local club has been touch and go over the last 5 years.

Bally Boy who I have been to a few opens with but afraid I cannot travel to opens from where I live so cannot do him justice.

Most of my 40 years has been in club racing and organisation and I enjoyed racing most at club level. You met friends, enjoyed racing in a handicap for all and when you did go to an open to race or watch it was a big day out.

Now I think whippet racing is a different story. All right for those who can get around camping and going to opens within a few miles. After all these years I hardly recognise anyone who has started racing within the last 10 years.

My biggest wish is for my club Fordingbridge to be as it once was but I don't think that will ever happen. If members have a reasonable dog at all their biggest aim is to go open racing miles away and not bother to try and help racing at club level

With all due respect Audrey isn't this how you measure your dogs ability-by travelling/varied running ??

Shirley Bassey never stayed in Tiger Bay-Lol

If Steve had had his way we would have been running perhaps twice a week at the Lancaster Club-and travelling more occasionally-

We have tried and tried to get more local people interested so we could build up numbers in Lancaster but unfortunately there just aren't the same amount of dogs around.

Karen

rocky said:
Like the BWRA I have been in whippet racing  40 years

Sky Rocket who is nearly 5 and never got off the ground regarding his training as my local club has been touch and go over the last 5 years.

Bally Boy who I have been to a few opens with but afraid I cannot travel to opens from where I live so cannot do him justice.

Most of my 40 years has been in club racing and organisation and I enjoyed racing most at club level.    You met friends, enjoyed racing in a handicap for all and when you did go to an open to race or watch it was a big day out.

Now I  think whippet racing is a different story.  All right for those who can get around camping and going to opens within a few miles.    After all these years I hardly recognise anyone who has started racing within the last 10 years.

My biggest wish is for my club Fordingbridge to be as it once was but I don't think that will ever happen.  If members have a reasonable dog at all their biggest aim is to go open racing miles away and not bother to try and help racing at club level

respect to you audry :thumbsup:

rocky said:
Like the BWRA I have been in whippet racing  40 years

Most of my 40 years has been in club racing and organisation and I enjoyed racing most at club level.    You met friends, enjoyed racing in a handicap for all and when you did go to an open to race or watch it was a big day out.

Now I  think whippet racing is a different story.  All right for those who can get around camping and going to opens within a few miles.    After all these years I hardly recognise anyone who has started racing within the last 10 years.

My biggest wish is for my club Fordingbridge to be as it once was but I don't think that will ever happen.  If members have a reasonable dog at all their biggest aim is to go open racing miles away and not bother to try and help racing at club level

so very true :thumbsup:

Having been lucky enough to get a half decent bitch quite by accident near the start of our racing life :blink: the one thing that is at the front of our minds is that without our local clubs 'bigges maine and rising sun' we wouldn't be able to train our dogs............so we do support our local clubs even tho we have what might be an open class dog. We ahve learnt whta we have thru the friendliness of the people up here in our clubs. Not everyone turne their back on them :D

chris

I have 3 whippets

Robbie aged almost 7 Rch/ Nch Guess Who

Gizmo almost 2 Guess Again

and Colt ,20weeks old on Tuesday , No racing name yet :- "

Ricky , Guess When, 4 yrs , went to his new home 4 weeks ago and having a great life as an only dog :thumbsup:

I've got 5....

1 Non Ped racer - Dobby aka Avit age 2.

Jeebs, Nell & Riley my peds, all 4 yrs old in December. They might be familiar to a few who've seen them at events that have had peddy classes running but their best known to the Gin Pit and Westhoughton for their training abilities.

Buffy 9yrs, mum to the peddies and the dog who gave me the racing bug.

we also have 9 whippets, of our own and 1 staying for a week

1, Rch / nch Alabama 12 1/2

2, Rch Cracked it also 12 1/2

3, Rch / Sup Nch Hellbound almost 8

4 Rch /Nch Outbound almost 7

5 sup Rch Bound too 4

6 Rch Hellsdouble will be 2 in Nov

7 cracking almost 2

8 frist of our pups Jimmy 7 1/2 months

9 and Nico who's 7 months

and for this week only shelly and tams pup Jad he's 12 weeks

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back