The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How Many Do U Have?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
In an ideal world we would all run regularly at our club, but times have changed and this is the sport's major downfall that we are not moving with the times, club racing is never going to be what it once was as there just aren't the dogs to make it varied. We run at A & T and Westhoughton and both are a godsend for getting your dogs fit and training pups and for those of us who have the odd dog that isn't quite open class they get competative racing without having their hearts broke at opens and being buried by top class dogs, both clubs are biggest part made up by the same people who have a handful of dogs each but there have been times when we've run at the club and there's only been 5 or 6 there, the club hasn't folded, we've just bided our time and eventually newcomers have been drawn in, if people got a pet whippet and heard about a little club they have the opportunity to give it a whirl, if the club isn't in existence any more then how are people going to start up? Now because of our persistence i am proud to be part of a healthy region as far as open class dogs goes, more so because between the members we have built it back up again.

I love club racing, i love the relaxed atmosphere and knowing the in's and out's of all our dogs little characters but i also love with a passion open racing, we love travelling all over the country and the last couple of years have got to meet some fab people who i would now consider great friends, people who i actually like being in their company and the buzz of competing against different dogs, not knowing whether you stand a chance or not is great, seeing your dogs putting in 100% (ok not in Ziggy's case :- " ) at tracks that are 100's of miles away from home is wonderful to see and we have to make the most of it because in a couple of years we appreciate we could find ourselves right back where we started, with dogs only good enough for the club handicap.

Last edited by a moderator:
THECAP said:
THINK THIS AS BEEN ASKED BEFORE
Ok we'll tell you again in case you've forgot and of course in case we've added more dogs to the household :D :p

We now have 7 (and 4 was the limit :D :- " )

Millie (Twice as Nice) 12 yrs old

Treacle (Twice as Sweet)

Ice (Twice as Cool)

Cindy (My Cinderella) All 3 7 yrs old

Fudge (Rags to Riches) 3 yrs old

Tora (Two Faced) 18 months

Meeka (***************) 7 months

(and have cages that are lying about doin nothin seems a waste maybe they need filling too :- " :- " ) NO not yet but watch this space :teehee:

sadieandco said:
THECAP said:
THINK THIS AS BEEN ASKED BEFORE
Ok we'll tell you again in case you've forgot and of course in case we've added more dogs to the household :D :p

We now have 7 (and 4 was the limit :D :- " )

Millie (Twice as Nice) 12 yrs old

Treacle (Twice as Sweet)

Ice (Twice as Cool)

Cindy (My Cinderella) All 3 7 yrs old

Fudge (Rags to Riches) 3 yrs old

Tora (Two Faced) 18 months

Meeka (***************) 7 months

(and have cages that are lying about doin nothin seems a waste maybe they need filling too :- " :- " ) NO not yet but watch this space :teehee:

I'm the same Mam said 9 is the limit but dad just built a new shed to put all the rubbish in from the bottom shed were I'm hoping my 2 new puppy's will go next year when I line 2 bitches. :thumbsup: Just don't mention it to my mam bit of a sore point. :p :sweating:

sadie again i have 3

a whippet wannabe molly (english bull)

stella (legless) who raced at the club when she was young but is far to bully to race really

and then theres boo (bootiful)

We have 3 whippets

Bobby (midnight run)

Danny (gold run)

Logan ( ...... run)

Think that will be it dont think we will get any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
remember the days we had 8 Ive only got 3 at present

LITTLE DOLL (Tillie) 3

mum CHICANE (Annie) 10

CHUCKY (Molly) 14

sadly Molly isn't too good at the moment I'm dreading that day which isn't too far away when I have to make the decision to let her go

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back