The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How much to feed my dog

John Wood

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi , we have woken up to find our little mate has been sick a quick Google and it appears to be bile and it can be related to an empty stomach it could just be a one off hopefully but could do with some advice . So my question how much should we be feeding a 24 week old cocker puppy at the moment we are feeding him essentials food which states 210g a day , we feed him morning and night around 90g kibble topped up with around 25g of wet food I know this is slightly over their recommendation but I’m not sure if we should be giving more wet food ? For some reason I thought I read somewhere that if you feed a mix you have to up the wet food . I’m really not sure , he seems absolutely fine in himself and looks in great shape and loves meal times .

Rather than changing the amount you're feeding if it seems right for him, try giving him a small bedtime snack - that could help with early-morning bile.

And make the bedtime snack a carbohydrate one (like a biscuit) because carbs take longer to digest and keep something in his tummy for longer.

And make the bedtime snack a carbohydrate one (like a biscuit) because carbs take longer to digest and keep something in his tummy for longer.

Perfect we will get some nice doggie biscuits thank you

Mine have a bonio in the evening before bed ...
There is a dog bug going around dogs bringing up bile ...sometimes sick for 24 hrs ....

image_2022-09-16_145632368.png
image_2022-09-16_150707944.png
images (9).jpeg
Hears the problem with 'google' they don't take into consideration the individual dog. There right one of many reasons for a dog to sick up bile is hunger but that is going to be very unlikely in your case unless you have been staving the dog for 3/4 days, which I doubt! Id like to see a better picture but from the one on your profile the pup looks full of energy, bright eyed and generally well.
Puppies sick up bile regularly after they taste something they really didn't like it or eat something they shouldn't, could of simply been some salt on the floor that he licked!

Google can be deadly in these cases as worried owners like you look for answers and believe something that was written because it was the reason for another dog, but there are so many variables to anything physical. I spoke with a lady a couple of years back who's dog was scratching one ear and every now and again letting out a little yelp, Google told her that the dog probably has a brain tumour one that particular side of his head. She's was devastated was upset for a couple of days till she picked up the courage to go to vets and get the bad news... her dog had a simple ear infection that cleared up in a week with antibiotics not a "brain tumour!"

Iv attached some charts -

View attachment 111980648 View attachment 111980649 View attachment 111980650 Hears the problem with 'google' they don't take into consideration the individual dog. There right one of many reasons for a dog to sick up bile is hunger but that is going to be very unlikely in your case unless you have been staving the dog for 3/4 days, which I doubt! Id like to see a better picture but from the one on your profile the pup looks full of energy, bright eyed and generally well.
Puppies sick up bile regularly after they taste something they really didn't like it or eat something they shouldn't, could of simply been some salt on the floor that he licked!

Google can be deadly in these cases as worried owners like you look for answers and believe something that was written because it was the reason for another dog, but there are so many variables to anything physical. I spoke with a lady a couple of years back who's dog was scratching one ear and every now and again letting out a little yelp, Google told her that the dog probably has a brain tumour one that particular side of his head. She's was devastated was upset for a couple of days till she picked up the courage to go to vets and get the bad news... her dog had a simple ear infection that cleared up in a week with antibiotics not a "brain tumour!"

Iv attached some charts -

I realise that Google doesn’t know everything for my pup but it does know more than me and I don’t just take Google’s word this is why I’ve come onto this Forum for advice and I’m not about to take him straight to the vets because it happened once , I’m also not that naive as to leave it if it becomes a problem , if it kept happening I would go to the vets but I will see how he is the next couple of days .He has been full of beans all day so fingers crossed it was a one off .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back