The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How To Get A Sweat On In Minus Six

Rog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Step One-----Have an IDEA ( was good at the time)

Step Two-----Release your dog from its lead

Step Three---Watch her disappear into the distance ( fast as a greyhound can)

Step Four-----Start to sweat (and wonder if step one was such a good idea)

But all's well that ends well, She tore off and went totally ape :sweating: So I let Shadow off his lead as well and luckily for me he is really fast (and a very good boy) he ran past Tess and guided her back to me (w00t)

After that both of them had a ball in the snow. I'll have another go tomorrow.

IMG_1813aLargeWebview.jpg

IMG_1818aLargeWebview.jpg

IMG_1828LargeWebview.jpg

IMG_1821LargeWebview.jpg

lovely photos of the hounds playing in the snow .

(know I will sound sad but please becarefull of letting them run free in coats as they can get coaght up and have an accedant .)

and welcome to K9 :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that moment when they disappear off at top speed and you wonder if they are ever going to come back only too well........ :eek:

My old greyhound girl used to do it, but would just zoom round the field in a massive circle then come back to me. The big worry was that she might see a deer, as there was no way I could have recalled her off the chase while she was still in that 'cork out of a bottle' running mode and goodness knows where she might have ended up if she'd chased it. With sighthounds you really learn to have eyes in the back of your head for anything moving in the distance!

I would agree with the coat thing, only because one of my dogs nearly had a bad accident when she was running flat out and her coat slipped and got tangled in her legs. No harm done luckily but it could have been nasty, so now I take their coats off when they are running and put them on again for the walk home.

She's really having fun in the snow, lovely to see :wub:

Thanks for the advise on the coat :thumbsup: I'll take it off next time, although I think she will really fly without it...... :devil:

Nothing like a houndy pal to steer a wayward one back in the right direction! Good job Shadow ;)

This morning my son came out with me when I took the hounds for their walk. We took them back to the field where I let her off lead the other day and we discovered something really AMAZING (w00t) Tess likes to play fetch with a tennis ball. Shadow would just chase after her as he has no interest in balls or toys :unsure: But every time she tore after the ball he took it as a challenge to race.

I'll have to buy one of those tennis ball throwing sticks!!! as she is so fast that she can run the same speed as I can throw the ball :sweating:

Is she COOL or what?

IMG_1845LargeWebview.jpg

IMG_1840aLargeWebview.jpg

IMG_1861LargeWebview.jpg

IMG_1863LargeWebview.jpg

Lovely to see them enjoying themselves.

Sounds like you are really getting to know them now that they are free to have fun and run free.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back