The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How To Talk Round A Reluctant Oh...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
They are smaller than mice, kind of like mini possums, also known as african fuzzy tailed rats.

aww they sound really cute, prefer them called possums than rats tho' !

dont want to put a damper on the thread here... :lol: I thought whippets never barked either till I got Oscarhes the best guard dog I could ever wish for...and even barks when my daughter comes in at all hours.... which usually sets the other two off. :thumbsup:

but I regard this as a good thing, as hubby works away a lot...I feel very safe with them around... ;)

so there you go...great guard dogs too... :clown:
Roscoe is quite a barker - when he's playing with other dogs, when people with beards walk past the house lol and at people carrying tripods in very quiet nature reserves.. :b (though brilliantly, he doesn't bark at the postman, courier or leaflet delivery people.) He has this amazingly deep protective bark if someone gets close to our fence, it sounds like we have a doberman or GSD here. I, too, had heard some people say they have never heard their whippet bark but like you it makes us feel very safe that Ros is one of the exceptions!

I have two exceptions here (w00t) Finn will bark but rarely does o:) But Tyg will bark at just about anything, although he does at least wait for there to be something to bark at :thumbsup: Half brother Taran, on the other hand, just barks for the hell of it ... a lot, often with his head stuffed behind a cushion or under a dog bed while he's doing it :eek: We've given up wondering why, we just accept him for the endearing, noisy nutter that he is :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Smudge is a bit of a yapper :angry: and that tends to start Grace off :wacko: :wacko:

and Sophie and Chance bark when playing :blink:

As any clever child will tell you, if you want a dog - start off by asking for a pony.

This is our whippet pup, Kip. My other half always said she wouldn't like a whippet.

kipthewhip.jpg

Need I say More ?

I am LOVING this thread :teehee: I am not married but I live with my sister who is not much of a doggy person so I had a bit of work to do with her. I got my first whippet when I was living on my own, so that was fine, then I moved in with her and the yearning for a second came along so I fostered one, once whippet number two was here she couldnt send her away! Now that I am running my own whippet rescue, I want to "foster" them all, she has put her foot down for now but I am working on her ;) Good luck, where there is a will, there is a way :thumbsup:

Quote Whippetwise 'I am not married ...'

Clever you !! (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
dont want to put a damper on the thread here... :lol: I thought whippets never barked either till I got Oscarhes the best guard dog I could ever wish for...and even barks when my daughter comes in at all hours.... which usually sets the other two off. :thumbsup:

but I regard this as a good thing, as hubby works away a lot...I feel very safe with them around... ;)

so there you go...great guard dogs too... :clown:
I agree, the best guard dogs ever!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back