The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hungarian Vizsla

Jacquie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A friend that I work with has one, and would like to know a few things about them :) Her Vizsla is 4 months old :wub:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Hi puppy viszlas/k are too cute,and they know it!!!

Thanks H.

Hi Jacquie,

We do have a Viszla called Scarlett she is 10 months old now and such a pretty and happy girl. :wub: What does your friend want to know? I ll be happy to help,if we can.

(Not many spell our name this way,its good to see! Im a Jacqueline and dont mind being called Jacquie, however I do insist on keeping the Q! :* )

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, we have 2 Hungarian Vizslas, 1 Wire and 1 Smooth..here are their photos.. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/sho...mgAnch=imgAnch1 Kali is the Wire and Amber is the Smooth, Amber was shown up until she was 3y old, and did quite well, but she has severe HD and DJD and is now retired, she also worked for a while but has a definite aversion to picking up dead things and mud! LOL! Kali has been worked on Grouse for the past 2 seasons and is about to start her second season picking up. My husband is on the committe of the GSP Club of Scotland, if you need any help for your friend.

Aww thank you! The Vizslas belong to my eldest daughter and husband..the terriers are more my thing..i would really love to have a lurcher too! :wub:

Thanks everyone :thumbsup: Love the photos :wub: I know that Alison's Vizsla can be quite naughty, she keeps getting on the couch and she sometimes nips people. :(

She's only 4 months old so I guess she still has alot to learn :p

Vizsla pups can and often are a bit of a nightmare as youg pups, Amber certainly was, not for nipping, but just for pure naughtiness, she improved by 18m, if she hadnt i think it would have been the gas oven for me! She drove me MAD! :blink: She thankfully matured into a lovely sensible dog! Feel free to pass my email on to your friend if she needs any help/advice. :D

abbey said:
Vizsla pups can and often are a bit of a nightmare as youg pups, Amber certainly was, not for nipping, but just for pure naughtiness, she improved by 18m, if she hadnt i think it would have been the gas oven for me! She drove me MAD! :blink: She thankfully matured into a lovely sensible dog! Feel free to pass my email on to your friend if she needs any help/advice. :D
Thanks Abbey I'll let her know :thumbsup:

imperative said:
Hi  puppy viszlas/k are too cute,and they know it!!!Thanks H.

Hi Jacquie,

We do have a Viszla called Scarlett she is 10 months old now and such a pretty and happy girl. :wub: What does your friend want to know? I ll be happy to help,if we can.

(Not many spell our name this way,its good to see! Im a Jacqueline and dont mind being called Jacquie, however I do insist on keeping the Q! :* )

:thumbsup:

Hi Jacquie, I was born the same day as my sister, and she thought I was her birthday present (some present) :lol: so she said to my mum I want to call her Jackie, but my mum didn't want Jacqueline, so she decided to spell it Jacquie to try and be different :teehee:

imperative that first photo is just too cute!!! they look like their having a nice larl chat as they walk lol :lol:

Jacquie said:
Thanks everyone  :thumbsup: Love the photos  :wub: I know that Alison's Vizsla can be quite naughty, she keeps getting on the couch and she sometimes nips people.  :( She's only 4 months old so I guess she still has alot to learn  :p

Hi Jacquie,

Tell Alison not too worry, they are a very active dog, Scarlett just doesn't stop :sweating: They can be trained quite easily with treats :thumbsup: They are quite a possesive dog and basically own you :lol: I dont think that Alisons dog is nipping TBH This sounds like one of Scarlett's activities, which is basically holding your hand, playing ie; Scarlett holds my hand all the time but is very gentle and I trust her implicitly as she often has my ears in my mouth :- " As for sitting on a couch, I think that comes from her genes of Sloughi & Greyhounds 'couch steelers' :lol: But she will probably also find that they think that they are lap dogs as well :- " Tell her not to over exercise her as she grows as this can damage their joints, if she keeps to the ratio of 5 mins per month of age then she won't go wrong (ie: 4mths=20mins) :thumbsup:

Heres something that Mrs Imperative found which is soooooo true :lol:

Hope this helps a little

Chris

3a_1_b.jpg

I have two Hungarian Vizslas as well as the Whippet and I hate to say it, but some V's never grow out of the naughty stage :- " My 8.5 year old still has his moments and is still much more of a handfull than my 4 year old is! The Whippet was a breeze as a pup in comparison... but I think I may have been lucky there. Vizslas sure don't lack character.. I guess that's what I love :thumbsup:

threeboysb.jpg

LOL! No, they certainly dont lack personality! Funny thing is the Wire is such a different kettle of fish, they are incredibly reserved and slightly suspicious as a breed, Kali will always stand back and assess a new person...not Amber, oh, no..she is usually in their lap! If the door bell rings Kali will stand and bark, she is a big dog with an even bigger dog bark..where is her buddy Amber..is she there backing her up...ermmm, no...Amber is behind the chair...! :blink:

When we first took Amber to puppy classes they had a little 'fun' course that the dogs could do puppy agility on (ie no jumping) the course was all market out with little mini cones, Amber used to steal the cones, pick them up in her mouth and run around with them, the cone of course, covered her eyes too, but this dodnt stop her, she used to charge around bumping into everyone! She truly was an embarrasement to nature! :b

FHR said:
I have two Hungarian Vizslas as well as the Whippet and I hate to say it, but some V's never grow out of the naughty stage  :- " My 8.5 year old still has his moments and is still much more of a handfull than my 4 year old is! The Whippet was a breeze as a pup in comparison... but I think I may have been lucky there. Vizslas sure don't lack character.. I guess that's what I love  :thumbsup:
threeboysb.jpg

Beautiful dogs you have there FHR :thumbsup:

So much difference between Whippies and Vizzies isn't there :) Our boys love Scarlett to bits, they clean her up at night time and love playing with her (w00t) Which as you probably know can become pretty vocal :- "

Keep the pics coming :D

Jacquie said:
imperative said:
Hi Abbey!Such lovely dogs!  :wub:

Is Scarlett one of Marie's Viszla? As Alison noticed theres a picture of Binxs :- "

Hi Jacquie,

She has a sharp eye does Alison :blink: (w00t) Yes Binx is the sire to Scarlett the mum is the picture next to Binx (Handsome Chap Isn't he) :thumbsup:

That new Hungarian Import of Marie's; 'Giles' looks a bit of allright doesnt he! Will be nice to see how his first litter turn out :)

Chris

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back