The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hydegate Pet Hotel

EMILY

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just wondered if any locals from this area know of or have used this place? From their website it sounds very good (although don't all kennels until you actually get there?!). They offer a luxury service which inlcludes your dogs sleeping in an aprtment style room with a proper bed, duvet, t.c. and radio etc and also 6 walk/play/cuddle sessions per day - do you think this really happens? I would be keen to hear from anyone with experience of this place as might go to have a look around.

Well they have a free overnight trial run in the off season, so might be worth taking advantage of that.

Wendy

Good idea - I didn't spot that on their website! Like many people I am very wary of boarding kennels and really do hate leaving my dogs when going away. This year will be even worse as have not left Zair yet on his own and he is a bit of a mummys boy - bless him!! It is coming to the point that I am sending my OH away on his own on hols as we only ever go to Madeira (where my OH comes from) and I stay home with the animals! He has just come back from a 2 week, work on house holiday and I stayed home with the dogs and horse (have to say I really enjoyed myself as had two weeks off work and done nothing but ride the horse and enjoy lots of time with the dogs)! but OH planning another hol at end of Sept and I am dreading leaving the animals already!

I don't remember what page it was one, but it was near the bottom of one of them. It might even have been on the price page.

Wendy

Will you report back, Emily? I'd be very interested because that's not far from me and I'd consider something that good. Otherwise I'm like you - I stay home! :)

EMILY said:
Just wondered if any locals from this area know of or have used this place?  From their website it sounds very good (although don't all kennels until you actually get there?!).  They offer a luxury service which inlcludes your dogs sleeping in an aprtment style room with a proper bed, duvet, t.c. and radio etc and also 6 walk/play/cuddle sessions per day - do you think this really happens?  I would be keen to hear from anyone with experience of this place as might go to have a look around.

It's a fab kennel's :thumbsup: ......but beware their prices are VERY high at peak times .......

Is it? Where exactly? Alan's folks live in Uley which is why I'm being extra nosey. :thumbsup:

I've just stopped being lazy and looked it up on their website. Aw it's up there. There used to be some boarding kennels in that area. Could see it from Uley Bury. I wonder if it's the same place. They used to breed boxers. Is that the place Hannah?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right about the prices lol. I looked at the price sheet and thought the price given was for 2 dogs combined - when I took a closer look the price was actually per dog - nearly £16 a head per day! This works out at over £500 for a fortnight :eek: :eek: I am definately going to have a look though and see if it is as good as it appears on the website - have to say the comfort of my hounds is more important than the money too.

i think the saying you only get what you pay for applies in cases like these.if you want your dog to have all the comforts of home and be cuddled and played with then youll just have to bite the bullet and pay for it!theyre worth it anyway! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
kris said:
i think the saying you only get what you pay for applies in cases like these.if you want your dog to have all the comforts of home and be cuddled and played with then youll just have to bite the bullet and pay for it!theyre worth it anyway! :thumbsup:

Your right there :D .......I'm lucky I work for my friend and her kennel's, so I don't have to pay :D ........but then I only leave my collie and dob cross as the Whippets come with us :lol:

If it is as good as it sounds I'd still try their free trial overnight stay. I had to take my two to a kennels when I went to a festival last year (3 nights). They offered all the mod cons, 2 room apartment, tv, radio, secure off lead exercise. We were very happy when we went to see it (apart from the price - very similar to what you have been quoted).

The morning we took the dogs they carried out a little interview asking all things about the dogs personalities and everything. Dogs went away happy.

Went to pick them up, Lenny (the shy 7 month old pup) was very excited - looked like he'd really enjoyed himself and didn't want to come home :b Molly looked like she had been tortured all weekend :blink: she had lost weight and was very miserable and wouldn't even look us in the eye :(

What I'm trying to say is, dogs can be very funny about being left, so definately try it for a few days first before you leave them for a full week :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back