The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Have My Dog!!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
teh flexi-lead may not be a good idea as whippets can accelerate very quickly. You can use a non-flexi long line for training, and try to find safe enclosed places to let her have a run off lead (even if not as big a space as you'd like). Even if her recall is good, be really careful the first two weeks till you are sure she knows where home is from now on.

I think you should keep in touch with the former owner. Though I did meet someone with two rescued Italian greyhounds whose former owner had to go into care and declined the offer of visits from her dogs and new owner, saying it would be distressing! (I always wondered if the woman in residential care was sorry later that she'd refused visits)

Don't worry Macha - we won't be letting her off the lead until we are 100% sure she's bonded with us and knows where she lives etc.

I'm going to ring the vet tomorrow about getting her microchipped and I want to have a chat about getting her neutered. Puppies ARE wonderful but we'd end up keeping them all because nobody would match up to my standards and look after them properly!!! :b I had a litter of Jack Russells in 1991 and it took us weeks to find homes where they'd be properly looked after. No...I'll leave puppies to the professionals :lol:

Tina is a pet first and foremost and she loved the beach and had a great time sniffing all the exciting new smells. I took a couple of pics and they turned out ok but it's weird.....she looks like a whippet in real life but like a greyhound in pictures? Or is it just me imagining it? :wacko:

Anyway, here she is on Alnmouth beach. The tide was right in and it was very sunny and warm and despite it being after 6pm it was still busy ;)

14st9lb005.jpg

14st9lb006.jpg

Great that she enjoyed herself at the beach, Im sure she is going to enjoy a happy life with you. The pictures of her are beautiful :wub:

she really is beautiful........ :wub: :wub:

i used to go to Alnmouth every year when i was growing up :thumbsup:

oh wow I am glad you are so happy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a beautiful and lucky little girl :wub:

She really is a beautiful girl - such a lucky find - you'll have a wonderful life together for sure :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your new girl she is :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Her relations her in staffordshire say hi 4 of mine come from the Barnesmore kennels and 1 of the greyhounds

What a beauty she is, you must be well pleased. :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back