The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Want It Now

mazza

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Did anyone watch I Want It Now on TV earlier tonight about designer dogs, how young impressionable people go out and buy a Chihuahua because Paris Hilton or Britney Spears or some other celeb has one and they want to be just like their idols. The latest fashion accessory. :rant: How sad that some people now think of a living breathing animal as a fashion/status symbol, and even sadder for the poor dogs concerned, what happens to the little dogs when they go out of fashion I wonder.

At least the young woman in the program who was thinking of spending up to £1,500 on a Chihuahua just to be fashionable saw sense in the end and was probably going to rehome a lovely little stray from Battersea instead.

Although the little crossbred dog didn't carry the designer label like the Chihuahua I think the young woman was genuinely interested in rehoming him at the end of the programme.

Yes i watched it, made me :angry: ,when she was talking about her ideal dog,

and how she liked all the disigner clother and acssories she would like to get, What really upset her was when she was talking to the lady that had her dog stolen. :'(

Im glad she choose Dylan, he was a sweetie. But i think the real choice was the car that she would get with Dylan. :wacko:

awwww I missed this programme :( I hate paris Hilton , I would love to see the stick insect walk a big rottie :lol:

Saw it. What annoyed me was that Vet from the Dogs Trust slagging ofF ALL pedigree dogs and telling the girl how inbred they all are and all have hereditary problems.

Then the fluffy bunny who works at Battersea batting on about how she CANT imagine why anyone would want to be on a breeder's waiting list for a PEDIGREE (God forbid (w00t) ) puppy, pay all that money, etc etc when there is a kennel full of dogs there ..................... then they pan the camera down the cages and what is there? Yorkies, Poodles, Whippety things, Dogue du Bordeaux etc etc ALL OBVIOUSLY PURE BRED!!!!

dessie said:
Saw it.  What annoyed me was that Vet from the Dogs Trust slagging ofF ALL pedigree dogs and telling the girl how inbred they all are and all have hereditary problems. 
Then the fluffy bunny who works at Battersea batting on about how she CANT imagine why anyone would want to be on a breeder's waiting list for a PEDIGREE (God forbid  (w00t) ) puppy, pay all that money, etc etc when there is a kennel full of dogs there ..................... then they pan the camera down the cages and what is there?  Yorkies, Poodles, Whippety things, Dogue du Bordeaux etc etc  ALL OBVIOUSLY PURE BRED!!!!

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly - and what on earth has Penny Smith got to do with dogs? Certainly didn't appear to know what was being said :oops:

It was interesting to see the vet inform the girl about possible inherant or conformational conditions she may expect the dog to suffer from, but surely if she had actually read all those books she had splashed out on, she would have known all that already. (BTW, sorry to anyone on here who seems to be inflicted by this strange condition, but does anyone else find this new craze for dressing up dogs in cutesy dresses etc a bit nauseous?)

Last edited by a moderator:
We draw the line at cutesey dresses. We do have special wardrobes for holiday cards and for fancy dress at the shows, and we do have LOTS of coats and jammies, but to my mind they're different.

beaded collars are where we draw the line at cutesy

Wendy

chelynnah said:
We draw the line at cutesey dresses.  We do have special wardrobes for holiday cards and for fancy dress at the shows, and we do have LOTS of coats and jammies, but to my mind they're different.
beaded collars are where we draw the line at cutesy

Wendy

Mmmmm ...................... well..............................All I can say is.........................OMG my poor babies LOL

No seriously what Wendy does with the girls is for a bit of fun.

What annoys me is these designer dogs that go out in the little cute outfits and are dressed and treated like human babies, what do the owners thing they are doing???? are they a replacement baby or a fashion statement (w00t) poor things. They are dogs not barbie dolls!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think the people changed that girls mind at all...i think she's still on a waiting list for her designer dog.

all they said at the end of the programme was that she was making an appointment to see about Dylan.

normally at the end of a prog they give you..."six months later"and see the girl and her dog.

but the bit where she had to choose designer dog or mutt and car,you could see she still wanted the dd and what she said was staged. :rant: it annoys me that tv producers think the public are stupid enough to beleive she went for the rescue dog :x

I watched this & it made me cross. I hope the girl decides not to get a dog at all as she seemed to agree with everyone about everything & changed her mind accordingly. She seemed a nice enough person but I don't think she had the committment for a dog for the next 12 yrs or so.

She seemed the sort that if her idol Paris changed her Chihuahua for a different breed, she would probably do the same :rant:

I also dont like all these little designer outfits for dogs to be carried around in. They have feet....let them walk :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back