The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ideal Mating

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
markbrick said:
TOMTHUMB said:
markbrick said:
NOT HAVING A GO HERE BUT IS THAT ALL THESE DOGS ARE BRED FOR RACING IN A STRAIGHT LINE,SURELY WHEN SOMEONE TAKES INTO CONSIDERATION A MATING,IT SHOULD DO MORE THEN ONE THING 1TEMPERMENT 2WORKING ABILITY,3SIZE,4COAT,5MOUTH,6SPEED AND AGILITY ETC ETC,LIKE I SAID BEFORE TO MANY BREEDING TO RACE A DOG IN A STRAIGHT LINE THATS WHY THE KENNELS ARE FULL OF REHOMED GREYHOUND WHIPPETS
IT WILL BE POINTLESS BRINGING MY WELL BRED WHIPPET X GREYHOUND DOWN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS FOR YOU TO JUDGE THEN UNCLE MARK :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whats showing to do with breeding??????????????????????????????we are now talking two differant things

we always go of track :D its like runing pure whippets at lurcher shows and telling people there lurchers my intelligence is not so bad to know the the differance between breeds,mark

Glad you know the difference Mark :thumbsup: :D Wonder what you'ld make of this breeding,and would it be your ideal breeding.?

Sire - Tigger out of Rch Uncle Albert which in turn was out of our Del Boy(Dream Vision/Greyhound) and Vicki Grococks Gemini(Stagnight/Greyhound)

dam to Tigger was a greyhound

Dam - Kat out of Joes black whippet bitch and think sire to cat is whippet/greyhound/collie(but could be wrong on sire)

What do you think % of whippet/greyhound is in pups :p :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
P S How many straight lines do you think these pups would run :lol:

one thing i can tell you karen,as good as dogs they all sound :- " they wont get there tongue back...........................and wont last all night on the lamp like a working bred lurcher :p :p mark

markbrick said:
NOT HAVING A GO HERE BUT IS THAT ALL THESE DOGS ARE BRED FOR RACING IN A STRAIGHT LINE,SURELY WHEN SOMEONE TAKES INTO CONSIDERATION A MATING,IT SHOULD DO MORE THEN ONE THING 1TEMPERMENT 2WORKING ABILITY,3SIZE,4COAT,5MOUTH,6SPEED AND AGILITY ETC ETC,LIKE I SAID BEFORE TO MANY BREEDING TO RACE A DOG IN A STRAIGHT LINE THATS WHY THE KENNELS ARE FULL OF REHOMED GREYHOUND WHIPPETS
Hi,

1/2 Greyhound,1/4 whippet,1/4 bedlington.That would be my ideal mix.My currant Lurcher has 1/2 beddy,which makes him a bit headstrong,so for me,the 1/4 mix would be better.

Amanda

finleyfoofoo said:
markbrick said:
Hi,

1/2 Greyhound,1/4 whippet,1/4 bedlington.That would be my ideal mix.My currant Lurcher has 1/2 beddy,which makes him a bit headstrong,so for me,the 1/4 mix would be better.

Amanda

well that sounds a good all rounder got one of them my self and beleave me they can do a good all round job,good luck with your choice mark

I have a 1st cross Beddie/Whippet, hardy little worker in the field, who also does coursing, agility & obedience, always tries 100%, definitely an all rounder :thumbsup:

As to choice of breeding, I'm currently waiting the outcome of our whippet/greyhound lining a cream rough coated lurcher bitch, 2weeks to go :sweating:

tinker* said:
dos said:
bedlington whippet is a must for me, but unlike tinker* i like mine smooth and silky o:)
lol....

suppose my choice in dogs replicates my choice in men!! (w00t) No smooth n silkies for me.... prefer a manly bit o' body hair!! cant beat a bit o rough!! :- " :- "

you can groom my fur anytime :thumbsup:

gabbitas31 said:
:p Mine would be ( miss Tori x Sugar Daddy) :lol:   :lol:   :lol: No really, any thing out of the Miss Ellie, Miss Tori, Ellie's Star line, crossed with Ningbo Jack. :teehee: I think all these dogs have shown their outstanding ability in racing, and temperament. :thumbsup: Diane

How about some picture's of the wee BOY Nick. :p

My ideal mating has already happened,lol :lol: always wanted to breed Miss Tori to Sugar Daddy :thumbsup: also couldnt go far wrong with Miss Ellie x any good sprint greyhound :thumbsup:

i wouldnt b biased or anything,LOL :- " :lol:

Rose :)

well i dont expect some to understand the culling of pups (w00t) but these people usely have 5 are 6 dogs live in cramped conditions,cant let there dogs of as they would run away due to no obediance :thumbsup: and never understand a working dog man are his dog but would put there dogs in working condition at shows not knowing lurchers and trying to pass whippets at all the shows as lurchers

:) love all lurchers they truly are the dog to have.

i have a rough coated greyhoundx salukix whippetx collie

and a greyhound x whippet and think that although they are different they warm to me in totally different ways !!

so any lurcher would suit me really sad i know :)

Miss Madam said:
gabbitas31 said:
:p Mine would be ( miss Tori x Sugar Daddy) :lol:   :lol:   :lol: No really, any thing out of the Miss Ellie, Miss Tori, Ellie's Star line, crossed with Ningbo Jack. :teehee: I think all these dogs have shown their outstanding ability in racing, and temperament. :thumbsup: Diane

How about some picture's of the wee BOY Nick. :p

My ideal mating has already happened,lol :lol: always wanted to breed Miss Tori to Sugar Daddy :thumbsup: also couldnt go far wrong with Miss Ellie x any good sprint greyhound :thumbsup:

i wouldnt b biased or anything,LOL :- " :lol:

Rose :)

think rhonda and myself will have to agree with you rose on this one :thumbsup:

as i keep lurchers that work then for me it would have to be a 100% single handed dog at its quarry and has seen about 3 seasons work after that then it wudnt matter what colour, or if it was rough or smooth coated , as i say as long as its proved its self in the field , :thumbsup:

Have removed some posts that have broken posting rules and some that didn't but seemed to be causing a problem and weren't on topic anyway. Have done this in order to prevent closing the thread. Carry on now :thumbsup:

(Whippet/Grey X Deerhound/Grey) X (Collie/Grey)

Jan.jpg

Best working dog we owned,Day/Night,Done his bit at the lurchers Showing,Racing in early 90's,Good temprement.Also stamped his 2 litters that way over a 3/4 collie 1/4 Grey.I think the sighthound you choose must suit your area,And what you are to do with it.Always liked under 24".Sadly this dog passed away,Now enjoy owning whippets,do there bit in field and Lure coursing,Racing.Half of owning a dog is about having it cause you want it and can justify working,racing,pet or your chosen pursuit,not just because of its breeding.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back