The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Identichip

k4tie-d

StarR Collars
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
daffty me forgot all about changing our address on R+S's microchips,

got letters today (re-directed post) saying, we have had the chips a year now and just to check all details are correct, (address is not)

so to change/ammend the address they want £5

or you can add a service called locate, where you pay a one off fee of £14.99 and any/all amendments are free and if you dog goes missing you call them and they alert all wardens/vets.rescues in the area about your do missing and send you posters and stuff.

what i want to know is, is the extra £10 worth it, (as we have to pay £5 anyway)

has anyone had to use the service? is it anyood? (would like to think we would never need it)

are we better off paying just the £5 for the chane of address? (chances are we wont be moving for at least another 5or so years anyway.

let me know what you think?

thanks

x

I was offered the chance to join this scheme at a discounted 10.00 when I had Toddy microchiped. I decided against it. I know most of the local vets, rescues etc and can easily get all local vets and rescue details with a google search. With a computer and a printer you can make your own lost / reward posters and get them out just as quickly yourself. You can post on Lostdogs and other similar website free on the forum at k9.

I am sure you are like me, if one of your whippets when missing you would want to do the searching and poster work yourself to make sure that it was done properly.

If a stray or injured dog is taken into a vets or rescue centre, it is routinely scanned for a microchip. As long as the contact details are kept up to date with the microchip company you will be contacted. Personally, I did not bother

I was recently offered this when I had Gracie micro-chipped. I didn't go for it because a) it was yet more money :angry: b) if Gracie did go missing I wouldn't trust anyone else to alert wardens/vets/rescues (I would be so hyper that it would give me something to do whilst I was having the nervous breakdown) :blink: and c) like you, we have no intention of moving and I remember to do everything for my animals, it's the unimportant things like re-directing post, telling the gas and electric etc, that I forget to do!! :thumbsup:

Maybe I was just being mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Whippets micro chipped. There is an active "travelling" community in the area, and worry sick about them falling into the wrong hands. At least with a microchip there is proof of ownership.

Forgot to add that I did not buy the additional service.

Last edited by a moderator:
youv all kinda confirmed my thoughts, so i think i will just pay the £5 and change the address

thanks guys

xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back