The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

If Cats Have 9 Lives.................

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
MISS MOLLIES MUMMY said:
:sweating:   This made me cry and my stomach knot. It reminded me of our border collie puppy that did a similar thing when i was a child . he was not killed but had to be put to sleep because he was so badly injured.
I think your right, the gorse bush, and certainly nickys coat saved his life . Im going to get one for mollie, they look fab and offer some protection .

my good wishes to you all  :huggles:

Aw I am so sorry to hear of your collie :( :huggles:

I don't think we will ever understand what goes on in a dogs head..... :blink:

Oh my god.......................Thank god he is ok-how frightening it must have been for all you,so glad he ok :huggles: :huggles: Lots of hugs to you all :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

I never let mine off anywhere near cliffs! Had one go off the cliff at Porthtowan, scared us silly, he just launched himself into space! Luck for him he was only about 20ft up on the east cliff side and landed on a pile of sand, a foot either way he would have landed on rocks!

We don't do cliffs any more. :rolleyes:

:( I've read so many stories of dogs falling off cliffs, especially in Devon and Cornwall, so when we got to Cornwall now, Zephyr is always on a lead on the cliff part of the walk, and gets loads of free running on the beaches or hills :thumbsup: - far safer that way. So pleased Ben is all right - that must have been a heart-stopping experience for you, poor thing! :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awful thing to happen - no wonder it shook you up. I think I'd have been a nervous wreck too. The worst Muffin has done is launch himself off an 8ft wall and that was bad enough! Thank goodness Ben was OK. :sweating: We do torture ourselves by re-living things though don't we? I'm exactly the same! :b

My husband always thinks I'm over-reacting when I reach for the leads in what I consider dangerous places (ie cliffs). But I told him your story and I think he now realises that it could so easily happen to any of us and that maybe I'm not being too over-protective after all! :- "

Love to you all especially Ben. :huggles:

bertha said:
I never let mine off anywhere near cliffs! Had one go off the cliff at Porthtowan, scared us silly, he just launched himself into space! Luck for him he was only about 20ft up on the east cliff side and landed on a pile of sand, a foot either way he would have landed on rocks!
We don't do cliffs any more. :rolleyes:

No we wont either from now on and we spoke to Mike who said he is going to get a barrier put up there.

The stupid thing is everywhere but where it has broken away and Ben decided to tomb stone, all levels off either into the sea of on the beach...

Oh I know where you mean up Porthtowan

gilliwigs said:
What an awful thing to happen - no wonder it shook you up.  I think I'd have been a nervous wreck too. The worst Muffin has done is launch himself off an 8ft wall and that was bad enough!  Thank goodness Ben was OK.  :sweating: We do torture ourselves by re-living things though don't we? I'm exactly the same!  :b
My husband always thinks I'm over-reacting when I reach for the leads in what I consider dangerous places (ie cliffs).  But I told him your story and I think he now realises that it could so easily happen to any of us and that maybe I'm not being too over-protective after all!  :- "

Love to you all especially Ben. :huggles:

I have been out today and bought Ben (and Sidney) really long extendible leads.. so hopefully that will give him some freedom.

Thanks everyone for your kind words :huggles:

How scary for you (w00t) Glad Ben is none the worse for his adventure

oh how scarey poorlittle ben and poor little you too xxx glag he is ok little monkey :wub: :wub: :wub:

WIGGY said:
oh how scary poor little ben and poor you too xxx glad he is ok little monkey :wub:   :wub:   :wub:
I have never been hysterical before... usually so calm in a crisis but I lost it... was shaking so badly and I couldn't look as Ian went down to get him and bring him back up.

I keep looking at him, expecting to see he has hurt himself but only a tiny scratch.

As you can see from the photo taken this morning, he is none the wiser :lol:

DSCN1181.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back