The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Im Discusted

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Had a call today,from the lad who got Tara off me,just after my dad died last year.Told him not to be breeding her,when she next broke.As she'd had 2 litters,from back to back seasons,and would need a break from this.Got home from the camera club tonight.To a meesage that there was a pup for me,if i wanted it.From Tara,to a saluki x greyhound bitch.I was furious for a bit.But then calmed down,with a cupa.Anyway,i finished me tea,and me being me.Just couldnt let it go,and grabed the phone.What i then heard,discusted me even more.She wasnt a good mother,and the pups were a bit thin on it,as she wouldnt feed them,from 3 weeks.Bollicks.Tara was an exelent mother,and reared 2 of the best litters ive seen,and had to be taken from them.As she wanted to feed and clean forever,sort of thing.I am going tomorrow,to see these pups.But more so,to see what kind of condition Tara is in.She might just be coming home.Not realy interested in a pup,as ive got me own.Sorry i parted with her now,as i wont sleep till i see her,tomorrow.If she's not been with them for over 3 weeks now,then she should be well mended.Will update this topic soon as i get home tomorrow evening.

:( Oh dear, what a worry. I would feel the same Billy. Hope she is ok :luck:

Sorry to hear this. I'd be beside myself with worry and anger that people can't keep their word. Get her back, poor girl!

Had a call today,from the lad who got Tara off me,just after my dad died last year.Told him not to be breeding her,when she next broke.As she'd had 2 litters,from back to back seasons,and would need a break from this.Got home from the camera club tonight.To a meesage that there was a pup for me,if i wanted it.From Tara,to a saluki x greyhound bitch.I was furious for a bit.But then calmed down,with a cupa.Anyway,i finished me tea,and me being me.Just couldnt let it go,and grabed the phone.What i then heard,discusted me even more.She wasnt a good mother,and the pups were a bit thin on it,as she wouldnt feed them,from 3 weeks.Bollicks.Tara was an exelent mother,and reared 2 of the best litters ive seen,and had to be taken from them.As she wanted to feed and clean forever,sort of thing.I am going tomorrow,to see these pups.But more so,to see what kind of condition Tara is in.She might just be coming home.Not realy interested in a pup,as ive got me own.Sorry i parted with her now,as i wont sleep till i see her,tomorrow.If she's not been with them for over 3 weeks now,then she should be well mended.Will update this topic soon as i get home tomorrow evening.
hi billy we all know tara is a very good mum has you know i have one of tara puppies and he will be 2 years old tomrrow we all know you look after all your dogs very well i hope very thing is ok with tara

hi billy we all know tara is a very good mum has you know i have one of tara puppies and he will be 2 years old tomrrow we all know you look after all your dogs very well i hope very thing is ok with tara

I do hope she's ok, and you bring her back to your loving home, you come over as caring person Billy, all your dogs look in A1 condtion :thumbsup:

Keep those pics coming Billy

Abit late now but anyone considering rehomeing a bitch should have her spayed people will go along with anything you say to get a dog but once its left your house they can do what ever they like. Sorry but i dont agree with back to back litters the bitch needs time for recovery and fitness to build up i hope she didnt have big litters or was it a mistake. GOOD INTENTIONS MEANT

fingers crossed shes ok, keep us posted :luck:

Abit late now but anyone considering rehomeing a bitch should have her spayed people will go along with anything you say to get a dog but once its left your house they can do what ever they like. Sorry but i dont agree with back to back litters the bitch needs time for recovery and fitness to build up i hope she didnt have big litters or was it a mistake. GOOD INTENTIONS MEANT
Before i add to this topic.Can i just say that it wasnt a mistake breeding her the second time,and the reason for doing so,was that the sire of the pups,had smashed his wrist in bits,and after paying over £700,to have it mended.It was still a mess,and giving him serious problems,which were only pointing in one direction.He had won 5 championships from 7,with his sister taking the other two,and him reserve.Tara come in season,and my only ever chance of having a pup from him.Was to breed her again.A year later.Which gave her ample time to recover.Given the care she had.How many women have their children within a year of each other,and thats after carrying them for 9 months,never mind 9 weeks.Not trying to be ignorant here.But she was almost 5 before i bred her.Greyhound broods,are bred season after season,and live to ripe old ages.My Megan bitch died at 10 years of age,and only ever was bred once,at 8 years of age.Anyway.Things werent what i expected.So im very happy to imform you all,that she looks in pretty good condition,and is shining.

What did upset me though.Were a few of the pups.Most looked fine,(considering).But there was one wee tiny frail bitch.Who lookes just like a whippet,and stood the same hight as my 4 week old pups.Who kept following me,no matter where i went,and kept staring up at my face,all the time i was there.She looked about half the weight she should have been,and sort of sprung on here wee tiny feet,with a wee hump on her back.There were a coule of good strong bitches,but i didnt want one.But this wee skinney thing just kept on following me,and trying to tell me summit.Guess what it was............... I just couldnt leave her there.So guess what.... I had the oppertunity,to take some pix of her tonight.Guess that means,i can show you all just why i had to do what i did.

DSC00002-1.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

Now here's one of mine.Over 2 weeks younger.I hope this wee lassy will look like this,in a few weeks time

IMG_2546.jpg

omg she really is TINY :( what a sweetheart though. hope you get the weight on her and that she thrives xx

She is completely gorgeous and looks so bright :wub:

:wub: ooo my lord that wee face just melts your heart :wub: :wub:

Before i add to this topic.Can i just say that it wasnt a mistake breeding her the second time,and the reason for doing so,was that the sire of the pups,had smashed his wrist in bits,and after paying over £700,to have it mended.It was still a mess,and giving him serious problems,which were only pointing in one direction.He had won 5 championships from 7,with his sister taking the other two,and him reserve.Tara come in season,and my only ever chance of having a pup from him.Was to breed her again.A year later.Which gave her ample time to recover.Given the care she had.How many women have their children within a year of each other,and thats after carrying them for 9 months,never mind 9 weeks.Not trying to be ignorant here.But she was almost 5 before i bred her.Greyhound broods,are bred season after season,and live to ripe old ages.My Megan bitch died at 10 years of age,and only ever was bred once,at 8 years of age.Anyway.Things werent what i expected.So im very happy to imform you all,that she looks in pretty good condition,and is shining.
Billy I don't think you should have to explain the why's and wherefor's what you do with your dog's, it's plain to see that your good dog man and that your dogs welfare is paramount :thumbsup: :luck: with all the pups.

I like the look of that little girl Billy she may be skinny and under weight for her age but she's got a lovely whippet shape, (i hope she turns out a real little flyer for you) ;) I'm interested in seeing this one grow up. :thumbsup: di

So if I've read this correctly, this poor bitch has been bred three seasons running, twice by Billy and then passed on unspayed to someone else who has bred her again? :(

That's three litters from this bitch plus the two litters Billy has on the ground at the moment, that's an awful lot of pups over the last 18 months or so to be responsible for :eek:

I really don't meant to sound harsh, but I spend hours upon hours every week trying to squeeze places out of nowhere for unwanted dogs and help raise the money we need to support them. I can't help finding this really depressing :(

So if I've read this correctly, this poor bitch has been bred three seasons running, twice by Billy and then passed on unspayed to someone else who has bred her again? :(
That's three litters from this bitch plus the two litters Billy has on the ground at the moment, that's an awful lot of pups over the last 18 months or so to be responsible for :eek:

I really don't meant to sound harsh, but I spend hours upon hours every week trying to squeeze places out of nowhere for unwanted dogs and help raise the money we need to support them. I can't help finding this really depressing :(
well said!bred from,passed on,bred from,passed on..... :rant:

should have used some of the money from all these litters to pay to get the poor bitch spayed before passing her on

That's the sad reality.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back