The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Importing

sorry ive only ever exported not imported,so cant help.the paperworks a nightmare though! ;)

denisenobleheart said:
:blink: does anyone know how to go about importing a puppy from usa, thanks denise
Depends which country are you actually located. Try contacting your Government Quarantine Services and they should tell you the regulations. :luck:

I would recommend that you contact an animal transport company like Airpets in the UK or Jet Pets in Australia to ask them all about it - they do it every day and know all the ins and outs and I would recommend that you employ someone like that to do it for you - it might work out a bit more expensive in the end but they do nearly everything for you and it saves a hell of a lot of running around.

Certain vaccinations have to be given at certain times - eg so many days before the dog leaves the country - they will tell you all of that and they take care of nearly all of the paperwork and final vet checks. They organise the correct crate for your dog etc etc. Airpets UK were in constant email and phone contact with me and my dog's breeder through the whole process of bringing my English boy, Cash, to Oz. They very understandingly dealt with many stupid questions from me and the occasional panic attack. They collected him from his breeder's home - took him to their kennels did all the final vet checks and paperwork and put him on the plane and were keen to hear from me afterwards as a follow-up.

I have exported through Jet Pets Australia and imported through Airpets UK and I can highly recommend both companies. IF you are UK based, Airpets will be able to recommend a company to work with in the US.

Good Luck !

we used animal airlines based in manchester a few times and they were really helpful. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back