The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Inca Attacked By Staffie

hellybobs

I Love my Girls
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Inca was attacked by a staffie this afternoon.

The bloody thing just lauched itself at her and locked it jaws round her throat.

As I tried to kick the bloody dog to get it off, its bloody owner was trying to stop me.

I had to send OH to get Dippy cos Inca screaming spooked her and she set off running, Aimee was screaming her heart out with panic, thankfully there was 2 people we knew in the park who came over to help.

I ended up pushing my thumb right to the back of the staffie throat and dug my nail right into its soft pallet and fingers into its eyes and I eventually got it off her.

The bloke then let go of it and it came back for a second go at her, so I had to pull Inca up into the air and out of its way.

And do you know what the bloke said..."its never done it before."

So we had yet another trip to the vet, she has 6 puncture wounds and a very swollen throat and ear and is on antibiotics.

My poor baby is so shaken up.

OMG poor Inca.

Lots and lots of love to her :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

If it's "never done that before" then why even give it a chance. :rant:

I know Moany Moany will sometimes growl at other dogs when the come close to us, she automatically runs back to me when confronted by another dog. Would she attack ? I don't know I recall her straight away and make her stay by me until the other dog has left, or I move her on away from the other dog.

Best of luck for Inca's recovery and if you ever see the owner again make sure you stick the boot in him too, right in the tackle :rant:

Fleesh said:
and if you ever see the owner again make sure you stick the boot in him too, right in the tackle
Then turn round and say 'oh i've never done that before' :angry:

I hope your Inca recovers quickly from this :huggles:

If I see him again, he'll know about it :rant:

Oh lord....how awful....must of been a shock all round.

My pal has a staffie...who is soft as mud with humans....but she never tempts fate with other dogs :- "

Lets hope he never has to utter those words again...and has learnt a lesson :- "

Did he offer to pay for the vet bill....I hope so... :rant: :rant:

He wasn't the sort of person you could talk to, if you know what I mean?

i hope this has been reported to the police and i would make them talk to him and try to get the bill paid, by hitting him in the pocket he may well think again! bllody idiot!! :rant:

So sorry to read this. Sending gentle hugs to Inca, and to you too. :huggles:

awwwww,hellybobs,im so sorry for your poor dog. :( this is becoming an all to frequent occurance.i can see why some little old ladies with elderley dogs walk them first thing in the morning now,they hope most of the druggies and idiots with these dogs are still in bed and so it will be safe for them to take their dogs out.but why should any of us fear to walk our dogs?im afraid its the society we live in now.its all so sad as the more vunerable breeds will always take a beating at the jaws of these dogs.hope your little Inca mends quickly and doesnt bear any scars either physical or mental. :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles:

OMG how awful for poor Inca and your family :(

I really feel for your Aimee too, what an awful thing for her to see, I know what my daughter would be like if she witnessed this and she is 17.

Hope Inca is feeling better really soon :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

I would definatly report this, who knows if it has attacked once chances are it will do it again :angry:

Terrible, poor Inca and poor you :( :(

I hope she will get over it quickly and it won't leave any lasting effects on her :huggles:

Its been reported but cos I couldn't get his details not alot can be done about it.

I have got other walkers looking out for him though, so hopefully we might be able to sort him out.

I've had to force Aimee to eat her tea cos she's still so upset over it, I'm so pleased there was people we knew in the park.

Thats TERRIBLE!!!!!! hope she has a speedy recovery, im sure you will be spoiling her rotten now wich is bound to make her feel loads better :- "

omg poor u :( hope inca gets well soon :huggles: :huggles:

I can only say what everyone else has already said. I am so sorry to hear this and I hope Inca recovers well. :huggles:

Poor Inca :( :huggles: :huggles: so sorry to hear about this awful attack

that sounds horrendous, for all of you, hope poor Inca is going to be alright, and your daughter, what a terrible thing for her to see.

you just feel like letting something loose on the idiots like him, see how he likes to be throttled at the throat by an animal that has never done that before.

:huggles: :huggles: to you all.

So sorry :( Hope Inca will soon be on the mend :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back