The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Irregular pooing!

Jjohnd

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have had Brooke (Lab cross) since February this year. She is a rescue dog. We generally feed her at the same time in the evening's. I usually walk her about an hour and an hour after her evening feed. The last two nights she hasn't poo'd. I worry that she should not go all night without her toilet. I am reasonably happy that she would make some noise if she needed to go as her manners are superb. Am I over worrying or is this common amongst dogs?

They're all different, like people - if she doesn't need to go out in the night, if she is eating and drinking well and her poos are a good consistency, I wouldn't worry.

BTW, it's usually recommended that you feed a dog twice a day, not just once. Maybe consider splitting her food between morning and evening?

They're all different, like people - if she doesn't need to go out in the night, if she is eating and drinking well and her poos are a good consistency, I wouldn't worry.

BTW, it's usually recommended that you feed a dog twice a day, not just once. Maybe consider splitting her food between morning and evening?
We do feed her twice a day.

My JRT may go to the toilet on his evening walk I would say out of 7 days he will go to the toilet at night 4 days out of the 7,other weeks he may not go at night at all as Judy has said as long as she is having normal poos I wouldn't worry:)

Thanks for your help folks. I suspected that I am over reacting!

Nice to hear it.
Erica, thanks for your comment. Whilst I am on here, I wonder if you could help me. I cannot for the life of me find the way to start a new topic despite somebody on this forum describing how it is done. Could I have your version please. Apparently it is in red letters but I cannot find it.
Your help or anybody's help would be most appreciated.

Which area of the forum do you want to post in John?

Scroll up to the top of this thread and you’ll see Forum just above the thread title. Click forum and it’ll take you to all the different categories, click on whichever one you want to post in. At the top right hand corner red box saying Post new thread, click on box and there you are! :)

Which area of the forum do you want to post in John?

Scroll up to the top of this thread and you’ll see Forum just above the thread title. Click forum and it’ll take you to all the different categories, click on whichever one you want to post in. At the top right hand corner red box saying Post new thread, click on box and there you are! :)
Thanks for your reply. Trouble is that I don't get the red box for some reason. I have had similar advice from other posters. I may delete the website and 're install. Thanks for your help.

Could you take a screenshot of the page where you're not seeing the red box that you should? Or copy the url of that page and paste it in this thread so we can see the right page?

You could also try a different browser - which are you using?

Could you take a screenshot of the page where you're not seeing the red box that you should? Or copy the url of that page and paste it in this thread so we can see the right page?

Don't know how to screenshot. Url. dog forum.co.uk/threads/irregular-pooing.9173/#post-1196761 . I am using a kindle fire. Will try on a laptop later. Thanks.

dog forum.co.uk/threads/irregular-pooing.9173/#post-1196761.
Sorry, I don't know how to screenshot. I am on a kindle fire. Will try on a laptop later.

OoooooK.... can you describe what you can see at this url, specifically on the right towards the top? General Discussions and Lounge

Preferably on your laptop as it could be very different on a Kindle.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back