The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is Ernie A Whippet ?

No problem Vicky ! Just close up here for the weekend, hop on a boat and spend the weekend driving and then come home and face into 120 Greyhounds ! Hard enough to get away with the Wife and kids for a day without putting myself through added hastle !

Would love to, but just isn`t possible. Already sent him over for a year, but he didn`t seem to be getting regular racing and I still don`t know what he was really like ability wise as I never heard that much about how he was doing. Got a DVD of one of yours having a `disagreement` with him at a bend meeting !

You can`t compete at that sort of level in the UK, unless you are racing on a regular basis.

Martin Tucker said:
No problem Vicky ! Just close up here for the weekend, hop on a boat and spend the weekend driving and then come home and face into 120 Greyhounds ! Hard enough to get away with the Wife and kids for a day without putting myself through added hastle !
Would love to, but just isn`t possible. Already sent him over for a year, but he didn`t seem to be getting regular racing and I still don`t know what he was really like ability wise as I never heard that much about how he was doing. Got a DVD of one of yours having a `disagreement` with him at a bend meeting ! 

You can`t compete at that sort of level in the UK, unless you are racing on a regular basis.

That's a shame, it would have been good to see how he'd show up with a bit more racing behind him. As for the "disagreement" both had limited bend experience, mine is a right hand runner when club racing on Westhoughton. I've seen all but one (that was a solo in the North East) of Ernie's open races in this country if you want any info. You probably know from Peter & Michelle already but his brother and sister are doing pretty well in their class.

Vicky said:
Martin Tucker said:

That's a shame, it would have been good to see how he'd show up with a bit more racing behind him. As for the "disagreement" both had limited bend experience, mine is a right hand runner when club racing on Westhoughton. I've seen all but one (that was a solo in the North East) of Ernie's open races in this country if you want any info. You probably know from Peter & Michelle already but his brother and sister are doing pretty well in their class.

Could you share some imfo on them please.

As the info concerned would be an opinion on the dogs racing to date, I think that's for Martin to discuss with those who have observed on a one to one basis.

wild whippies said:
As the info concerned would be an opinion on the dogs racing to date, I think that's for Martin to discuss with those who have observed on a one to one basis.
I have a genuine interest in this line,and would just like to know how they are fareing out in the None Ped scene.All i have asked for ,is a bit of imformation,on how they're doing in the None Ped racing.So if anyone can help me out here ,im sure they can PM me.Just because Martin is the owner of wee Ernie,does'nt mean he is the only one interested in how his littermates are doing.As i dont know their racing names,i can't find the imfo i am looking for.Otherwise i would'nt ask.I would also like to know what height's,and weight's they made. ..."""BILLY HARPUR""".

You can look up the lining on either the k9 database or the BWRA website's database to get the dog's racing names then refer to them at racing events results, or you could subscribe to whippet news. Failing that you could always contact the breeder, I'm sure Martin would have contact details. It wouldn't surprise me if Martin hasn't been looking out for Ernie's siblings in event's results either as I personally pay an interest in my own dog's sibling's performances.

wild whippies said:
As Vicky has already stated that his brother and sister are doing pretty well in their class.Where is the harm in asking for a bit more imfo on how well,as im sure this imformation was , and is available to quite a few people in the None Ped scene.If so many other's know how they are doing,and as we are pretty limited over here as to what's happening in the None Ped racing,then what was the harm in asking.Anyway,i asked Vicky about this,one to one.I did not ask her to discuss it openly on a puplic forum.She could easily have pm me.It seem's that every time i open my mouth on here about summit like this,you or someone else is on my back,just like the time i posted about the cage thingy.You seem to think i do nothing but throw knive's at everyone.Seem's to me at time's that the knive's are comming this way.A while back,a few post's were blown out of all proportion,and ever since,ive been public enemy No 1. Every one at the time gave me hell about the pup with the knee injury.I took him to the vet,followed his instruction's about keeping the pup closed up for a few week's,and guess what.Everytime he got a gallop after the rest,the ligament's went again.I was later told by one of the top vet's in the world,who we are lucky to have over herei,that i should have done what i intended doin myself,in the first place,and just let it heal naturaly,with a bit of T.L.C,of course.This way has done the job,although he might not be as quick as he would have been,if the leg had have been healed naturely.The amount of shit that i got on here about that,seem's to have had a knock on effect,as the shit is still coming.But listen,im not bothered anymore.Ill prove myself up the field,like i did before,and when im ready,i'll prove myself on the track too,God willin.On saying all this,i will still hold my hands up,and say thank's for all the help with the camera imfo you gave me.Wonder if the companies knew that you were disgussing one of their product;s with me on a public forum,without their knowledge.( Just kidding.)Ha Ha.Imust add here too,that i did'nt have much schooling,and sometimes the way i put thing;s,might not be just right,and when this happen's quite a few interpretition'scan be made of what is said.Iam not English,so therefore i suppose my Englisg aint that good.But it's got me thus far,so it will get me the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy firstly you've already ended up posting an apology on the other thread because you'd commented on a dogs racing abilities which I forewarned you about, again I still say if you wish to seek knowledge, either see for yourself, look up the dogs and watch the reults of speak to the breeders / owners directly. This is not the first time you've made comments about a non-ped dog as I recall you claiming a particular line was throwing bully's, again an unstantiated claim that probably hurt the owner.

Secondly, I know that your post about cages was aimed at a particular individual on the forum based on yet another rumour you'd heard. Don't get me wrong there's no love lost between me or that individual but I know for fact that they do not keep their dogs in cages all day long.

I've got no axe to grind with you Billy, I've given you advice on using your camera via PM's and would still help you out if you asked. But when it comes to hearsay and rumours I believe it's only right that the record's put straight before anyone get's hurt and posting such rumours is potentially slanderous.

Only time i said anything about bully's was when i was talking about my own pup Pyper,being very bull like in appearance,and asked for any imfo on this sort of thing.I later found that there already was a lot of stuff on here about that subject.And as i was new on here i had'nt come across it before.Ive only ever spoken to one person about the cage thing,and that was after i posted that topic.So if youve heard summit i said ,then it could only have come from that person.this conversation only took place because of the responce to my post.And this person also gave me a few name's of people who keep their dog's in cages,or as it was put to me.The bloody dog's live in cages.I have burried all that was told me,and would prefare to leave it there.When i seen that some people youself included,were getting their back's up a bit,i decided to let it die,and that is why it did'nt blossom into summit nasty.Acouple of people pm me to keep it going but i did'nt.It is still my oppinion,that this should not happen.Not even in the greyhound industry.I have since voiced my oppinion's to quite a few greyhound trainer's over here,who just dont have the room for the amount of dog's they train,so they keep them in cages.This has done a lot of damage to a lot of dog's tail's,as they slap them of the wire each time they get exited.Sorry if it offended some,but i stand by everything i said.As ive said before,sometimes thing's are typed in,and before you can do anything about it,the wee edit thingy has gone.One thing about me though is this.If im wrong,i will appologise,A.S.A.P,and have done at all time's.If i havent,then it is because i stand my ground when i recon im right.Or maybe it's just because im a stubbourn old git.Sorry is an easy thing to say,but ive noticed that it aint used that much on here.In fact,i cant recall ever seeing it,unless it has been used in responce to a death of someones dog or summit similar. ...Billy...

Martin I'm sorry your thread has gone off course. I'm sure it would be an extensive affair coming over to the UK to race Ernie but I do hope you manage a few occasions just so you could get a 'feel' of your dog's racing ability against like for like.

Best of luck either way. :luck:

billyboy45 said:
Only time i said anything about bully's was when i was talking about my own pup Pyper,being very bull like in appearance,and asked for any imfo on this sort of thing.I later found that there already was a lot of stuff on here about that subject.And as i was new on here i had'nt come across it before.Ive only ever spoken to one person about the cage thing,and that was after i posted that topic.So if youve heard summit i said ,then it could only have come from that person.this conversation only took place because of the responce to my post.And this person also gave me a few name's of people who keep their dog's in cages,or as it was put to me.The bloody dog's live in cages.I have burried all that was told me,and would prefare to leave it there.When i seen that some people youself included,were getting their back's up a bit,i decided to let it die,and that is why it did'nt blossom into summit nasty.Acouple of people pm me to keep it going but i did'nt.It is still my oppinion,that this should not happen.Not even in the greyhound industry.I have since voiced my oppinion's to quite a few greyhound trainer's over here,who just dont have the room for the amount of dog's they train,so they keep them in cages.This has done a lot of damage to a lot of dog's tail's,as they slap them of the wire each time they get exited.Sorry if it offended some,but i stand by everything i said.As ive said before,sometimes thing's are typed in,and before you can do anything about it,the wee edit thingy has gone.One thing about me though is this.If im wrong,i will appologise,A.S.A.P,and have done at all time's.If i havent,then it is because i stand my ground when i recon im right.Or maybe it's just because im a stubbourn old git.Sorry is an easy thing to say,but ive noticed that it aint used that much on here.In fact,i cant recall ever seeing it,unless it has been used in responce to a death of someones dog or summit similar. ...Billy...
hey billy sorry to say this,but i was reading through a few of my posts,early ones,and the shit you give me about my pups not being able to be pups and how burnt out they will be this year well 4 shows this year and qpprox 25 1sts well thats how burnt out they are and you never said sorry :D :D mark

markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:
hey billy sorry to say this,but i was reading through a few of my posts,early ones,and the shit you give me about my pups not being able to be pups and how burnt out they will be this year well 4 shows this year and qpprox 25 1sts well thats how burnt out they are and you never said sorry :D :D mark

-_- -_- GO MEND A TRACTOR

markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:

Hey Mark.Yesterday at 9.22 pm,it was 21 1st,in 4 show's.So where did the other 4 come from overnight.Or are you counting the one's at our show ,on 5th august.You want to get you're counting right Mark,or that Tomthumb will bounce of youre mistake's mate.Anyway well done to youre wee dog's Mark,cause it's them that take the all the first places,and not us.

billyboy45 said:
markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:

Hey Mark.Yesterday at 9.22 pm,it was 21 1st,in 4 show's.So where did the other 4 come from overnight.Or are you counting the one's at our show ,on 5th august.You want to get you're counting right Mark,or that Tomthumb will bounce of youre mistake's mate.Anyway well done to youre wee dog's Mark,cause it's them that take the all the first places,and not us.

DON'T GET TO CLEVER Mr HARPER, AND BEFORE YOU PULL ME UP ON THE SPELLING OF YOUR NAME, THAT'S HOW I WANT TO SPELL IT OK ;) :p

Why do people always press the "REPLY button as opposed to the ADD REPLY button ? It would make for far less pages of repetition ! Perhaps `admin` should make it easier for people to reply without the unnecessary `quotes` !

I`ve had a long hard think about the next show on the 5th August and have decided if there is a Whippet Racing section at it, then I SHALL RUN Ernie in it, unless it is announced that it is purely for KC Registered Whippets, to be honest I don`t know why they should be so specific ? Why should he be discriminated against because somebody doesn`t fancy running against him ! Far as i`m concerned, he is a Racing Whippet, not a show Whippet and certainly not a Lurcher ! They are all Whippets, Show or Racing, just bred for different purposes. He also has a pedigree that can be fully traced back for generations ! Good enough in my book !

See you all on the 5th !

As I understand it Martin the racing at Johns show will be in size classes,open to all racers,just as it is this side of the water.At the end of the day whatever the type or breed,they are all running dogs,and as such,should be able to race against each other. :D Karen

I thought NDLC was the abbreviation for North Down LURCHER Club which was running a LURCHER event. Ernies a LURCHER and a very fast one :lol: :p :thumbsup: Only having a bit of fun Martin, God willing see you at the NDLC show. :blink:

North Down Lurcher & Terrier Club

32 COUNTIES IRISH CAMPIONSHIP

PROGRAMME OF EVENTS

Lurcher Racing under 21 inches, under 23 inches and over 23 inches. ( straight racing only )

All Booking in before 11am

Followed by showing

Kids Show 1. Any type dog or bitch Handling

All show entries will be taken in the ring

Lurchers Ring 1 Terriers Ring 2

1. Pups (under 12 months ) 1. Terrier pups

2. Smooth under 23 inch 2. Terrier under 12 inch

3. Smooth over 23 inch 3. Russells

4. Rough under 23 inch 4. Lakeland fell

5. Rough over 23inch 5. Patterdale fell

6. Whippet type dog or bitch 6. Border

7. Bull cross Lurcher 7. Cross Breed

8. Working Class 8. Working class

9. Any terrier cross Lurcher Winners of classes 2-8 Terrier

10. Lurcher pairs

Winners of classes 2-9Lurcher

Puppy Champion Lurcher/Terrier

Best in Show class 2 to 9 Lurchers and 2 to 8 Terriers

Followed by simulated coursing

All Lurchers must be muzzled for Racing and Coursing

Main sponsors Feedwell

Mr Geoff Fletcher

Mr G&K Platts

Mr Billy Harper

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back