The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is my dog having seizures?

Daisydoo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have an 8 year old toy breed. In the last 6 years he has had 3 episodes that we can only describe as seizure like. They are always in the middle of the night. He starts by making a clicking sound with his mouth in a trance like state. He then pushes his head back and makes a really loud high pitched sound - I wonder if it's his howl actually. After this something clicks and he comes round and looks at us like we're crazy for standing over him while he's in bed! After the first one he wobbled on his feet and wet the bed. In the second and third he wet the bed but we didn't get him out of bed to test his legs. He remains quiet for the rest of the night but wakes the next morning as usual.

I asked our vet after the first and second (different vets) and both said that it was too long after the seizure (if that's what it was) to determine what it was and if he was only having them every 2 years then we shouldn't worry.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you ever discovered what it is? When I've googled dog seizures they don't match his description of symptoms.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back