The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is there drug testing in pedi racing?

michelle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As a non pedi racer, I'll admit I do not know anything about rules/regulation for pedi racing, but do you drug test pedigrees for performance enhancing products, As you may know in non pedi racing it is a fairly common thing to drug test open winners/ champions, but Ive never heard it mentioned for pedi's. Any info on this? do you agree with it?

If you know any info on this I would be grate

Hi Michelle

We do have drug testing in Pedigree racing. The system is set up by the WCRA to do random testing at Championship level.  It rarely happens due to the cost, but any dog could be tested if the WCRA saw fit. Generally it is thought that it would be unlikely for pedigrees to be on performance enhancing drugs, as there is no prize money, and so not so serious as non pedi racing.  It is possible that it does go on though, as there are always those who want to win at all costs. :(

We do take our racing seriously, but luckily for us money doesn't come into it (except for the expense of course!).  I'm sure the majority of non pedi racers race for the sport and not the prize money, as I know you don't win vast amounts.  For some though I suppose the cash incentive is just too much.

Michelle

If you do make a mistake in your post you can always click on the 'Edit' icon in your original post and correct it. :cool:

Then you can swear blind to everyone that you never made a mistake & people who did see it must be mad. :biggrin:

Nigel

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back