The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I've found a lump on my dogs neck!

arny

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hey guys im new here. I've just found a lump on the front of my dogs jakes neck. I thought it maybe his glands or something but I can only find it on one side of his neck. Im going to take him to the vet on mon but the problem is I don't have pet insurance. Should I get insurance before I go to the vets? I'm worried they may want to take a sample from the lump which may cost loads of money hat I don't have. Any advice would be great guys. Thank you

Pet Insurance is a great idea. Having had bills running into thousands (from an uninsured dog) I would never be without it.

Your only problem is that there is a 14 day wait for the insurance to kick in. Insurance companies do not want to take on a dog with a pre existing condition so they put this in place. As most lumps are harmless it might be worth the wait but only you can tell if your dog seems otherwise well etc.

Choose your insurance company very carefully. Some look very good but the money runs out after the maximum is reached and you end up with no cover for a chronic condition. You need to look for lifetime cover that renews each year. This means that if you dog was to suffer from a long term problem like diabetes then you would be covered, up to the maximum benefit, every year. My last dog had Addisons Disease and, while I thought I had lifetime cover, it turned out that I only had £4,000 in total for that condition. It ran out after a couple of years :(

I have just changed from MoreThan lifetime cover (I heard they quibbled over paying out) to John Lewis. Pet Plan are the market leaders but John Lewis have a good reputation and were a bit cheaper.

I hope your dog is ok. Such a worrying time

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back